MG ZR Forums banner

zs styling

3K views 44 replies 12 participants last post by  Greeny25 
#1 ·
im hopefully going to be bahnging from a mg zr105+ to a 4door mg zs180 but where is the best place to go for styling and im not talking about cheap looking jap kits i know about the likes of motobuild but is there anyplace else im especialy looking for the large boot spoiler cos the one im after has the small discreet spoiler on it

#33 ·
unfortunatley and believe me ive looked there isnt really anywhere does bodystyling for the zs apart from jdl tuning and the kit isnt really wot im looking for to have that badboy made up would mean alot of custom work and at the moment i couldnt be without her for that long just now

#34 ·
FYI the WSR ZS was a one of a kind. Literally. Only the demo was ever built.

There is no chance of a BTCC kit for your ZS, unless you self fabricate. The ZS wasn't seen as commercially viable for bodywork mods as it is seen as a family car. And an old mans car at that.

I think that if we were gonna see a modding range for the ZS we would have seen it by now. The ZS price pretty much plummeted on MG-R's collapse and that should have lead to a flurry of kits for the youth market if there was gonn a be one.

Sadly it doesn't look like the ZS will et anything fancier than the 180 body kit. :(

#36 ·
the wsr zs bodystyling doesnt really look all that different the front splitter just looks like a apair of wing splitters smoothed in,the rear bumper looks standard too but with two heatshields for the xpower exhaust and the boot spoiler looks like the mk2 boot spoiler as on sduk's zs by doing this i think the exterior would be relativley easy to replicate add to that some mk2 arch extensions and sideskirts and front wings and that will=one hell of a smart zs

#37 ·
The true BTCC kit has extra wide skirts and arches. That was what I meant by not being able to get a full kit.

On a Mk1 it would be relatively simple to jazz up the exterior though and has been done by several people. I can think of at least 3 Touring car ZS' on the go.

There is no doubt that the big 'extreme' spoiler is what the back of a ZS needs. I had the lip spoiler like yours on my mk1 and it was ok, and I always regretted not forking out for the big spoiler on the MK2.

Love the arch extensions but I don't like the gills. If it was me I'd get the arch parts and smooth them into the plain wings. Slap on a picnic table, drop her on Eibachs and that would do me.

#38 ·
yep sounds like an idea my saying of not modding this one **** it you only live once lets see wot the next 6months bring as im now single, living back at my moms with no digs to pay and ive just been promoted at my work i reckon 6months and it will be taking shape including green wilton carpet, rear head rests, and full jbl soundsystem inc custom bootbuild

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.