MG ZR Forums banner

Rover 25 Commerce, Whats it worth?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Man in the Car 
#1 ·
Thinking of selling my van but dont know what its worth so if any of you could help with a price, i would be grateful

2003 53 plate
96,000 miles
TAX+MOT
Full MGZR kit
MGZR monaco seats
Metal bulk head
MGZS 282mm front brakes
MK2 MGZS 180 alloys
Stainless Back Box
De-Cat
SDI injectors
Rover ron MAFAM box
sadly its on a CAT C

some pics of it:

See less See more
#10 ·
...being a "van" it will get slightly more then if it were a normal car
Probably the other way round TBH. I've been watching both Commerce and Express offered for sale over the last few months and whilst the Express do command a significant premium over the Commerce, even low mileage example don't sell all that easily; A good condition Express Td with around 50k on the clock might go to £2000, but a similar Commerce would struggle to get to £1500. With around 100k miles, you could knock another £200 to £300 off both. I've seen a good condition 160000 mile Express Td offered a few months ago for £1900; it didn't sell and has been re-advertised a couple of times (first at £1600, and recently at £1250).

#4 ·
If that tbh, it's a high mileage cat c 25 at the end of the day, it's a nice car but 1500 is proper ZR money with no write off history
True dat. Would be banking on the cheap insurance/exclusivity to an enthusiast to bump the price up, but like you say at the end of the day is a high mileage cat c 25. Best way is to put it up for sale and hope for the best!

#11 ·
It's the same for the petrols (£200pa; the category is 'Light Goods Vehicle').

I can never understand why some pillocks think they're being clever by converting Commerce/Express into a car - as soon as you put rear seats in, the insurance is liable to go up to what it would be for a standard 25/ZR, plus it's significantly more VED.

There's a converted Mk1 Express Td on eBay which the seller is trying to start at £1900 - 280 odd views, but no bids. The daft thing is, it's very low mileage, and would probably go for £2000+ if it was still a van.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.