MG ZR Forums banner

Buying Focus ST

5K views 96 replies 34 participants last post by  SamP 
#1 ·
OK think i'm going to go and get a Focus ST tommorow, its a 56 plate ST-3 with all the extras in Orange, from a main dealer with 9000 miles, £12.5k

Anyone know much about these cars and any tips or info owning or purchasing?

Thx bros!

#8 ·
+1, there is an ST that my boss's mate has, asked him the other week what he's done to his, Miltek Turbo Back Exhaust, Green Induction kit, Forge Intercooler, Bilstein supsension setup and a Remap. Apparently pulling 310bhp.

#4 ·
Yeah had the remap on the cards for sure! Love the noise it makes and seems a solid car.

Worth getting extended Ford warranty do you think? Comes with 3 months standard.. not sure if to extend by a year or two?

#19 ·
I'm pleased you've see sense tbh!

If you're modding there's little point in getting an extended warranty unless you're going to go down the mountune route which will keep your warranty but will limit it to ~265bhp.

I love focus STs, test drove one when i had the LCR and it felt very similar in terms of handling and poke but felt lighter somehow.... Oh and i drove it moderately hard and got 15mpg on the test and i never matched that in the LCR ;)

#33 ·
I driven two Rory, one of the first that were available in orange and then a facelifted one in blue.

The orange one was standard bar an exhaust and it went well - lovely exhaust note, real nice power delivery. VERY comfortable too with a good driving position.

The 2nd one I drove was fettled with - Remap, exhaust, etc.. It went like sheeeit off a shovel and the noise and burble out of that thing was unreal!

Go for it bud - I recommend them from my experiences!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.