2-stroke or 4-stroke, which for a 125? - Page 3 - theMGZR.co.uk :: MG ZR forum
Go Back   theMGZR.co.uk :: MG ZR forum > Other Model/Vehicle Discussion > Motorbike chat
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-03-2011, 21:52   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
euan_RS's Avatar
 

Posts: 1,738
Location: Sutherland
Drives: mk1 ZR 105
Join Date: Jul 2009
iTrader: 2 (100%)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Threadstarter
euan_RS is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to euan_RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KISS-MY-ZRSE View Post
erm not sure on the older models but the newest model the marathon 125 has a carb instead of an injector and its got loads more power than the yamaha yzf125
hmmm i will look at the on youtube, thanks
euan_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 28-03-2011, 22:26   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Posts: 427
Location: Northamptonshire
Drives: zr105
Join Date: Feb 2011
iTrader: 2 (100%)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
12 Images (12)

Ukjay74 is on a distinguished road
My Garage
okies after riding both 2 an 4 stroke i have to say the level your at for the thrill you seek 2 stroke but dont expect that speeds you desire later on for sure 4 stroke and hold tight lol
Ukjay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 22:38   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
euan_RS's Avatar
 

Posts: 1,738
Location: Sutherland
Drives: mk1 ZR 105
Join Date: Jul 2009
iTrader: 2 (100%)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Threadstarter
euan_RS is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to euan_RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukjay74 View Post
okies after riding both 2 an 4 stroke i have to say the level your at for the thrill you seek 2 stroke but dont expect that speeds you desire later on for sure 4 stroke and hold tight lol
iv allways had 2-strokes and i think a rs125 is more that capible of getting 70mph oot of em, well i get 60 oot of ma rs50 like
euan_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 30-03-2011, 00:30   #24 (permalink)
Banned
 

Posts: 1,242
Location: Yorkshire (North)
Join Date: May 2009
iTrader: 0 (0%)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is me and my bike.. motocross tho..

But this bike im riding here can be made road legal and you can buy them already legal... There not cheap tho.. Around 4500 for a good one.. But you will get 100mph easy with them being originally a race bike, Nothing compared to the dt model of the yamaha as there a completely crap ( Slow ) and different engine....

4 strokes are slow..

For instance in the british championships which i do..

A 2 stroke Yz 125 is rode against the yzf 250 four stroke as there an equal power ( bhp )

Or

My Yzf 450 four stroke in an equal class races the 250 2 stroke, Same Bhp again
__________________
[IMG]http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq82/harland292/harland292.png[/IMG]

Last edited by harland292; 30-03-2011 at 00:36.
harland292 is banned   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 22:54   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
euan_RS's Avatar
 

Posts: 1,738
Location: Sutherland
Drives: mk1 ZR 105
Join Date: Jul 2009
iTrader: 2 (100%)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Threadstarter
euan_RS is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to euan_RS
well i bought a 4-stroke honda xr 125, 08 plate but left the dealers in 2009. First owner was 60 and it has only done 800 miles and looks brand new. also been serviced twice and it is a powerful beast, not fast but has power. And i got it for 1300 with a workshop manual, honda cover and even a tin of chain oil now i cant stop going out to the garage for a look the whole time
euan_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 22:59   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Adam-MGTF's Avatar
 

Posts: 1,156
Location: Cleveland
Drives: TFR, R33 Skyline
Join Date: Oct 2010
iTrader: 1 (100%)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Adam-MGTF will become famous soon enough
im looking at kawasaki ER5s atm, 500cc, can restrict to 33bhp and insurance is cheaper than a RS125, as is the bike to buy! a good one can be gotten for 850.00 supposed to be great for commuting and will do well over a ton f you ask it too

oh and your think about being able to work on 2 strokes but not 4 strokes... thats a good thing! you can lean on 4 strokes now and the next natural progression is car engines... thats how i learnt
__________________
"Theres something about engines, that calms me down"
Adam-MGTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 23:03   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
waxhead's Avatar
 

Posts: 268
Location: Devon
Drives: MG ZR
Join Date: Feb 2009
iTrader: -1 (0%)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
waxhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by euan_RS View Post
well i bought a 4-stroke honda xr 125, 08 plate but left the dealers in 2009. First owner was 60 and it has only done 800 miles and looks brand new. also been serviced twice and it is a powerful beast, not fast but has power. And i got it for 1300 with a workshop manual, honda cover and even a tin of chain oil now i cant stop going out to the garage for a look the whole time
good price for the mileage its done. nice one.

on top of the airbox is a rubber snorkel, if you remove it completely you should notice a difference in acceleration and also a deeper exhaust note
also arrow do a exhaust system aswell which may help with give you a bit more power.
waxhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 23:39   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
euan_RS's Avatar
 

Posts: 1,738
Location: Sutherland
Drives: mk1 ZR 105
Join Date: Jul 2009
iTrader: 2 (100%)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Threadstarter
euan_RS is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to euan_RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam-MGTF View Post
im looking at kawasaki ER5s atm, 500cc, can restrict to 33bhp and insurance is cheaper than a RS125, as is the bike to buy! a good one can be gotten for 850.00 supposed to be great for commuting and will do well over a ton f you ask it too

oh and your think about being able to work on 2 strokes but not 4 strokes... thats a good thing! you can lean on 4 strokes now and the next natural progression is car engines... thats how i learnt
nice, got this bike so i can do my test to get on some big machine. I prefer to work on 2-strokes but i do know allready some machanical skills because we run a bus company so i have leart from the buses
euan_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 23:42   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
euan_RS's Avatar
 

Posts: 1,738
Location: Sutherland
Drives: mk1 ZR 105
Join Date: Jul 2009
iTrader: 2 (100%)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Threadstarter
euan_RS is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to euan_RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxhead View Post
good price for the mileage its done. nice one.

on top of the airbox is a rubber snorkel, if you remove it completely you should notice a difference in acceleration and also a deeper exhaust note
also arrow do a exhaust system aswell which may help with give you a bit more power.
will removing the snorkle fook up the engine/is it good for the engine? And because i am a tight arse i am no giving arrow 300 so i got a pro-tork silencer instead
euan_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 14:43   #30 (permalink)
Member
 

Posts: 178
Location: East Sussex
Drives: mk1 ZR 105
Join Date: Jul 2010
iTrader: 0 (0%)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
RyanSpratt is on a distinguished road
I didnt read all the other posts but if i had to say what bike to get. Hands down would be the Aprilia rs125. They say 2 pokes are unrealiable. But you have to find the right one and treat it well. It will last. Ive had an RS50 2009 (was new) and a 2010 RS125 (2010) 2nd hand. By a reletivily new one, not from some chavy weirdo thats ragged the bollox of it.
RyanSpratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:01.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2014 theMGZR.co.uk Ltd 06371623

The theMGZR.co.uk logo is registered with the UK Copyright Service: 285179

 

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.