Old 16-11-2009, 22:11   #1 (permalink)
 Nasty
Loving the Slowhand

Drives: Rover 200 BRM LE
Nasty will become famous soon enough
My Garage
Send a message via MSN to Nasty
Classic Car Show 2009

Well what can I say....a fantastic few days up in Birmingham looking at great cars and meeting some very interesting people!

New faces, old faces, happy faces, disgusted faces, puzzled faces, we had them all over the weekend. I've met a chap who put the wheels on our beloved BRM's and another who worked in the development team (strangely enough at a petrol station after the show). A young lad commented that he only liked "proper race cars, not one with big stupid scaffolding in the back" and another that his dad should make a computer game with BRM's in it.

Our engines were referred to as chocolate and bullet-proof by different people within minutes of each other. Some visitors only saw tarted up Rovers, others saw MG's, but an awful lot appreciated a future classic in the making and took great interest in the links with the BRM name and our efforts to keep it alive.

I have to say a big thanks to my old man for keeping me company on the stand over the weekend and driving the track car up (its not the comfiest on the motorway) and thankyou to everyone else that donated their cars to the stand (Kev, Mark and Matty) and also to my missus for tolerating my crazy obsession.

Anyhoo, enough of my wittering, here are some pictures that tell a very small story of an amazing weekend....

fin

theBRM.co.uk Video

K-SERIES HEAD PORTING

www.theBRM.co.uk

R200 BRM LE - No.2
R200 TDR BRM LE - No.900 - 192.7bhp
Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote