Powder Coating Wheels - theMGZR.co.uk :: MG ZR forum
Go Back   theMGZR.co.uk :: MG ZR forum > Vendors > Hobbyist Section > JM Services
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 00:08   #1 (permalink)
 Jonno

Drives: 197 Cup + ZR-TEC
Jonno is on a distinguished road
Powder Coating Wheels

Hi all. Just a quick thread to explain what i'm offering.

A friend of mine powder coats for a living. He works on the basis that people take bare metal to him (usually wheels) and he goes from there.

What i'm offering is a refurb service for people on here. This would involve you dropping the wheels off with me, i prepare them and then get them to him. Before the refurb can even take place tyres have to be taken off, old valves taken off, balancing weights removed and light curbing/corrosion prepped before they can be coated. I will sort this before they go in and you will recieve nice shiny goodies once done

Tyres

Like i say tyres can be removed/re-fitted afterwards. This is all done professionally and is done at extra cost. If you have part worns that you may wish to be re-fitted, please asses first if they are suitable and road worthy. Tyres that are re-fitted will come with new valves and be properly balanced. As i mentioned tyres are dealt with professionally, but i cannot take any responsibility for the tyres if they were to be damaged whilst being fitted (this has never happened before on hundreds of tyre dealings). I am not a tyre trader or anything either, so please don't PM me asking for tyre packages etc. Ta.

Organisation

You will be responsible for getting the wheels to me and collected afterwards. It is also sensible to check your wheels before enquiring. Any cracks/dents/buckles/flats can not be sorted. You are responsible for ensuring your wheels are sound and feasable to refurb.

Prices

With each job being different, price can vary. Please PM me for a price.

Based on outskirts of Leeds.

FAQ's

- Can you repair the curbing to my wheels?

This depends on the extent of the curbing. Light curbing yes. Even relativley heavy curbing is achievable as i have experienced, but deep cuts will be tricky. I may ask for a pic of the wheels before we start.

- If i damage a wheel do i have a guarantee?

Nope. The wheels will be come to you in the best possible standard. However, once you have taken the wheels, it's your problem. Damage getting them on or in transit isn't my problem i'm afraid.

- How long does it take?

The process will take between 2-5 days. However, when you enquire i will no more on time. Certainly no longer than 5 days.

- What colours can i have?

There are a wide range of colours, but there will not be every paint code under the sun. You will have to ask if there is a colour to suit, which is very likely. Perhaps not Metallic Pink though...

- Can my centre's be done too?

If plastic then no. Metal can be coated along with the wheels, but please be aware that any badges will not make it past the blasting process. You will have to source replacement badges...

- Can i have polished lips or a coloured lip?

Afraid not. This is just a service for a full powder coat in once colour. Any coloured lips will have to be arranged by yourself at a bodyshop.

- How will i use my car once you have my wheels?

I cannot answer this. You will have to arrange different wheels whilst yours are being refurbed. I also can't loan people wheels whilst they are being done.

- Could i leave my car with you for the week?

Afraid not. I wouldn't want to have the responsibilty of storing/looking after your car. Sorry.

Any more Q's please PM me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have dealt with quite a few members on here before and i'm sure they will endorse the service.

Examples... The nice part

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Randoms...

Then the difference once they get on the car...

Thanks Jonno

Last edited by Jonno; 05-02-2010 at 00:11.
Closed Thread