EBAY Is An Immoral Company That Is Unfit To Trade. - theMGZR.co.uk :: MG ZR forum
Go Back   theMGZR.co.uk :: MG ZR forum > General > Off Topic
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 00:03   #1 (permalink)

Drives: ZR-Express Mk2.
14 Images (14)

The Express Valeter is on a distinguished road
EBAY Is An Immoral Company That Is Unfit To Trade.

I told them if they didn't resolve my issue I was going to slate them on the internet. Not only did they not resolve my issue they didn't even aknowledge my threat lol.

Anyway - I sold an item on or around the 5th of August. It was a Babyliss Bath Spa unit. Auction was won & I got paid 47.50 Inc Postage. I took it to a local courier on the 6th. They despatched the item & delivery in Cheshire was attempted on the 9th @ 14.06HRS. The person was not in so as it was a signed for delivery it was taken back to their local depot & a card was left for the person to call them to re-arange. No call was made but the item was put back on the van on the 12/13/14/15/16th of August incase the woman rang & said she would be in to sign for it but no further contact was made so the item was returned to where I posted it in the meantime I was away on holiday.
I get back from holiday late Sat 24th to find 2 emails from the buyer asking where is my item & one from ebay saying she opened a case on 21st August. I was asked to respond to her & resolve the case by the 28th so I had to waste my time & fuel going to the courier (9 mile round trip) where I found the delivery info above.
The courier said to me that if I contact the person & ask what (week) day they would be in then they would resend the item FOC. I got back & emailed her & after 2 days with no reply I escalated the case to EBAY C.S, where I told them all the above info.

Now unless I am completely daft I have done everything by the book with the sending etc of this & it is not my fault or the couriers fault that no one was in to recieve the item & that they couldn't be bothered to reply to the card that was left but none the less so far as ebay are concerned the item must be delivered within the 8 days or the buyer is entitled to a refund.
Now despite me giving them all the info above they in their infinate wisdom closed the case in her favour because I had the item back at the courier & she had paid.
I am now 11.00 out of pocket for the postage, 3.60 lost in selling fees & fuel/time etc plus 45 minutes on the phone to Ebay CS on an 0845 number.

I have never come accross another company (except BT) that is so inept, immoral, useless as this outfit.
I have sent them several emails stating all the facts & that by removing money from my account without consent for a reason that is unjust countermounts to theft.
I have told them that I want the costs I have lost refunded, I did this also on the phone & demanded a manager call me back, they said they would within 24 hours but I never got the call.
I told them that if they refuse to issue me with the costs I have incured (compensation if you like) that I will consider legal action.

The basics of this is that despite all the rubbish that ebay preach etc about it being a safe, secure,freindly organisation & that you must do this & you must do that to be a good seller so on & so forth that in this case they imply that -
You can sell an item, post it & let a courier attempt a delivery but the buyer is too lazy to recieve it or contact the courier & then open a case that an innocent seller gets penalised & loses out I asked them how on earth anyone could feel safe & trust them.
In all the emails they send they say we have reviewed the case etc & we respect your loyalty etc & then go on to say these instances are very rare etc but basically tough luck we do it our way no matter what.

The moral of the story is DO NOT TRUST EBAY CUSTOMER SERVICES, they as I told them are like a load of robots that when a customer rings or emails they listen to what is said & look down a hymn sheet for the best generic answer then just add a few words, you can tell from the responses that they really don't care & just want rid of any issues by fobbing you off with any old **** answers that are just nonsence.
Not sure what you guys think but I am considering taking them to court, yes maybe a small amount of money but I am more concerned with the principal of it.
I had a pending invoice for transactions of 11.95 due for collection between 30th August - 1st Sept, now my card on the paypall expires end of August so I have emptied the paypall acc & removed the card. I have told them they will not get the money.

Then oddly about 20 minutes after Fleabay email me to say they refunded the buyer I got an email from the buyer saying she/someone would be in 3 days next week to recieve the item, call me cynical but me thinks that she thinks I don't yet know about the refund so is probably hoping I resend it so the Eastern European buyer gets it for nothing.........

DO Not Trust Ebay Customer Services, they are about as honest as a polititian or a money launderer!
09/03/10 (Not New) - MG Montego 2.0i In Flame Red.
01/03/14 (New) - Ford Fiesta ST2 In Molten Orange.
27/10/14 (New) - Landrover Freelander Metropolis SE.
The Express Valeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2013, 00:04   #2 (permalink)

14 Images (14)

Threadstarter
Then another thing, when I lost my Free Listing allowance around last Christmas due to the stupid star rating thing they do (P+P charges & despatch time). I complained about this as many folk don't read the postage costs, despatch & delivery times etc then leave poor star ratings which affected my selling status. Their reply was another generic robot job saying you need to focus on offering reasonable postage costs & despatch times etc & that was after me quoting the info on my listings.
On my listings I state 2nd Class postage & most of the small to standard size bit go 1st but still you get stupid replies from fleabay.

I told them that I refused to list anything till I got my free listings back & that they would be the losers out of it as obviously they wouldn't be getting selling fees etc but they just go Dumb!
I just listed a few 99p items as they were free to list & only small MGR mini brochures & as there were so few I sent them out mega quick & after about 6 Months I got the listings back but at least Ebay lost out!!
01/03/14 (New) - Ford Fiesta ST2 In Molten Orange.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:07   #3 (permalink)
Official Member

Drives: ZR R140 + Giulietta
8 Images (8)

Light Sabre is an unknown quantity at this point
My Garage
Never had a serious problem myself and where I have had a disagreement it has always been resolved quickly and efficiently.

Old 03-09-2013, 22:49   #4 (permalink)

14 Images (14)

Threadstarter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Sabre View Post
Never had a serious problem myself and where I have had a disagreement it has always been resolved quickly and efficiently.
You must be one of the lucky ones given the replies on many other forums!
Old 03-09-2013, 23:13   #5 (permalink)

Drives: 03 MG ZR 160
Stev160 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
My Garage
Send a message via MSN to Stev160
Luckily i have had no issues like Andy, however I think it went down hill when ebay stopped sellers leaving negative feedback to buyers! Customer is always right etc etc
Stev160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 23:26   #6 (permalink)

Drives: rover 200
RiCkY200 is on a distinguished road
Sorry, not to sound rude - but do you really think eBay with over 233 million global users is going to take note of you posting this...

It seams from this that you think its going to make a difference with you posting it on a few forms?

"I told them if they didn't resolve my issue I was going to slate them on the internet."

I think your getting to worked up over it, eBay is either the best or worst place to buy/sell items in the world - everything on there you need to take with a pinch of salt and just put it down to life's luck when things don't go to plan.

As said, not being rude i just don't think its something worth wasting more time over.
RiCkY200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 16:22   #7 (permalink)

Drives: Leon cupra r
matthastwell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to matthastwell Send a message via Yahoo to matthastwell
No eBay won't take note or care but I have to totally agree with op

Sold 3 items on eBay and been nearly 650 out of pocket on 2 items ive sold that have "vanished" Or arived damaged and eBay find in favour of buyer

Wait wUt!
matthastwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 23:55   #8 (permalink)
*Newbie* Handle with care

Drives: MG ZR TD
Pitbull69 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev160 View Post
Luckily i have had no issues like Andy, however I think it went down hill when ebay stopped sellers leaving negative feedback to buyers! Customer is always right etc etc
I agree with this, but I did find some untoward sellers using feedback as almost a blackmail of themselves getting good feedback because if you left them bad feedback for bad service they would then make stuff up...

So not sure how i would do it myself as both ways aren't the best.. maybe both leave feedback but neither of you know what they other said until you have both left feedback..
Pitbull69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 00:43   #9 (permalink)

14 Images (14)

Threadstarter
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCkY200 View Post
Sorry, not to sound rude - but do you really think eBay with over 233 million global users is going to take note of you posting this...

It seams from this that you think its going to make a difference with you posting it on a few forms?

"I told them if they didn't resolve my issue I was going to slate them on the internet."

I think your getting to worked up over it, eBay is either the best or worst place to buy/sell items in the world - everything on there you need to take with a pinch of salt and just put it down to life's luck when things don't go to plan.

As said, not being rude i just don't think its something worth wasting more time over.
I'm perfectly aware of the fact that it makes no difference, I worked that out when trying to communicate with them on the phone & by email.
I simply want others to know they are in a word Fraudulent & no where near as rosy as they will have you believe.
Instead of tieing up with paypall they should be related to the government (whether it be the present one or Labour) given the way governments act!
Old 19-09-2013, 22:08   #10 (permalink)
*Newbie* Handle with care

Drives: 2003 MG ZR 105
mg kitten is on a distinguished road
I used to sell stuff on ebay all the time but dont bother now for the reasons mentioned. I only use it now to buy!
mg kitten is offline   Reply With Quote