peugeot 207 cambelt - theMGZR.co.uk :: MG ZR forum
Go Back   theMGZR.co.uk :: MG ZR forum > Other Model/Vehicle Discussion > All other manufactures of vehicles
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-10-2012, 20:32   #1 (permalink)
 chip

Drives: MK1 ZR 105+
chip is on a distinguished road
peugeot 207 cambelt

I'm looking around at the moment for another car for the other half . I've been looking at peugeot 207 1.4 diesel 's ( 56\57 ) plates , around what sort of mileage does the cam belt need changing. Also been looking at vauxhall corsa 56\57 plates , 1.3 diesel's , same as above what sort of mileage for cam belt.
Advertisement

Old 21-10-2012, 20:39   #2 (permalink)

Drives: Mk1 SEAT LCR
hyphon12 is a jewel in the roughhyphon12 is a jewel in the roughhyphon12 is a jewel in the roughhyphon12 is a jewel in the rough
My Garage
Send a message via MSN to hyphon12
cambelts on the newer pug diesels are epicly long. My dad's 307 hdi has an interval of every 97,000mi or something daft like that.

Dunno about the corsa tbh

Work for Merc, Drive a VAG, Mod a ZR forum :/
hyphon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 20:41   #3 (permalink)
 Ritchy

Drives: zs 110 mk2
Ritchy has a spectacular aura aboutRitchy has a spectacular aura about
Corsa has a chain
Ritchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21-10-2012, 21:04   #4 (permalink)
 chip

Threadstarter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
Corsa has a chain
yes my mistake ( the corsa does have a chain ) . )
Old 21-10-2012, 21:44   #5 (permalink)
 Ritchy

sorry never read all your question earlier, the 1.4 diesel pug engine has a chain and a belt iirc, and it is a huge interval like 120,000/10 years or something, honestly never had to change one, the engines are pretty good, seen them with 170,000 on them and still running okay. biggest thing on them is is they havent been serviced enough carbon build up in the engine, and that goes blocks the oil pick up and wrecks the turbo, so if the turbos gone itll be needing one of them too, sumps can be a **** for leaking too around the n/s
tbh i dont really like peugeots or corsas would rather a fiesta with the same engine
Old 22-10-2012, 19:44   #6 (permalink)
 chip

Threadstarter
Quote:
sorry never read all your question earlier, the 1.4 diesel pug engine has a chain and a belt iirc, and it is a huge interval like 120,000/10 years or something, honestly never had to change one, the engines are pretty good, seen them with 170,000 on them and still running okay. biggest thing on them is is they havent been serviced enough carbon build up in the engine, and that goes blocks the oil pick up and wrecks the turbo, so if the turbos gone itll be needing one of them too, sumps can be a **** for leaking too around the n/s
tbh i dont really like peugeots or corsas would rather a fiesta with the same engine
ok thanks ritchy, I'll take what you have said on board , It's like walking through a mine field trying to find something nice but not having to brake the bank.
Old 22-10-2012, 19:56   #7 (permalink)
 Ritchy

i never really like suggesting what cars to buy usually just list all th bad bits on them haha, very little out there at the moment i like, was looking at the fiestas and the mazda 2 for the mrs,, both them can be found with the 1.4tdci youll get in the pug, the mazda 2 1.3 petrol has a bulletproof wee engine in it though, seen very littly problems with them, its got dsc on it though make sure the brakes arent spongey, only the 1.5 and some diesels have the dsc but if its spongey its new abs module time(the hydraulic part of it (about 200), and the steering can knock which is the column, just remove the bolt and you get special silicone lubricant and work it up down and thats you sorted
see the new shape fiesta racking up a lot of mile, we have a contract with the g4s vans and seeing them with 160/170k on them and they give little bother, think ive seen a few waterpumps go on them but theyre on the road 24/7, they have the sae column knock sometimes too
corsa inst horendous but the petrol can be a **** for the head gasket going, seen injectors going on the diesel and think they can have issues with the egr too, coras usually are a bit **** for suspension too so springs and shocks are a thing to look at, again not a major issue, seen some right rotters about though even at 3/4 years old so id go and roadtest a few
ive never been that impressed with peugeots, seems there fine while in warrenty then as soon as they hit 3 years old they just fall to bits, dont particularly like driving them either cabin feels a bit cheap and flimsy
Old 22-10-2012, 23:11   #8 (permalink)

Drives: Mk2 ZR 105+
smilie5768 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
i never really like suggesting what cars to buy usually just list all th bad bits on them haha, very little out there at the moment i like, was looking at the fiestas and the mazda 2 for the mrs,, both them can be found with the 1.4tdci youll get in the pug, the mazda 2 1.3 petrol has a bulletproof wee engine in it though, seen very littly problems with them, its got dsc on it though make sure the brakes arent spongey, only the 1.5 and some diesels have the dsc but if its spongey its new abs module time(the hydraulic part of it (about 200), and the steering can knock which is the column, just remove the bolt and you get special silicone lubricant and work it up down and thats you sorted
see the new shape fiesta racking up a lot of mile, we have a contract with the g4s vans and seeing them with 160/170k on them and they give little bother, think ive seen a few waterpumps go on them but theyre on the road 24/7, they have the sae column knock sometimes too
corsa inst horendous but the petrol can be a **** for the head gasket going, seen injectors going on the diesel and think they can have issues with the egr too, coras usually are a bit **** for suspension too so springs and shocks are a thing to look at, again not a major issue, seen some right rotters about though even at 3/4 years old so id go and roadtest a few
ive never been that impressed with peugeots, seems there fine while in warrenty then as soon as they hit 3 years old they just fall to bits, dont particularly like driving them either cabin feels a bit cheap and flimsy
From my brother perspective I'd steer clear of a fiesta, After a year of ownership from new, my brothers Fiesta Zetec S with about 24k miles on the car, had issues with powerloss. Seeing as it was under warranty it was sent off to Ford, they said it could be a sensor problem, followed by a knackered turbo, after 3 Months they still hadn't sorted the car, turned out to be the egr valve needed cleaning? When he got the car back after 4 months'ish they'd destroyed all the sills in the process and had to be sent off again to be repaired, not entirely a massive problem with the car.. Just Fords customer service was horrendous.
smilie5768 is offline   Reply With Quote