MG ZR Forums banner

Fitting a Janspeed manifold

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Mattchew100 
#1 ·
Well today I fitted my new Janspeed manifold but boy was it awkward. Perhaps it was just me or maybe Janspeed changed their design slightly but I found that there was next to no space to tighten the 2nd nut. So bad was the lack of space that I couldn't use my new manifold nuts on 2 of the studs and I even shortened the thread a bit on the 2nd hole because it was very close to the number one exhaust runner.

Did anyone else have any problems fitting their Janspeed manifold?

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I fitted a de-cat on mine but will buy a sports-cat closer to MOT time. On mine, the OE cat was integral with the downpipe so the only way you could make it work would be to get the likes of powerflow to chop your OE cat and make up a link piece to the janspeed manifold.

#13 ·
Well, if they had to fit a few more on a regular basis then I'm sure they would redesign the angle of that first header. Did I mention that I had to drop the front subframe just so the manifold would fit from underneath (I have air-con so even less space).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.