MG ZR Forums banner

hotmail account has been blocked

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  MGJason 
#1 ·
My hotmail account has been blocked for some strange reason. It happend the other day, and it says i can receive a code to my other email address to unlock it, but as i haven't used this other email address for years, it no longer exists, and i can't change the email address i want the code sent to. I created another account and emailed hotmail customer services my problem but i haven't heard anything back and i really need this account as i use it for my ebay etc. Has anybody been through this situation or got any ideas wat i could do? Thanks

#5 ·
I've had problems with my Hotmail twice in the last year sending out mass e-mails with no subject and just a link to a diet supplement website. It appears that some bot is able to hack the passwords and then send out mail to any address I recently e-mailed. Changing the password seems to fix it. Perhaps this had happened to your account and if it gets reported for spam hotmail may suspend it.

As it was the second time this has happened I now change the password on mine every 72 days (there's an option to tick that prompts this), it is particularly annoying because having just graduated University I have been using the e-mail for job applications.

I class myself as being pretty sensible online and haven't used the same password for untrustworthy sites nor have I entered it into any phishing pages.

Hope this gives you some ideas to how it may have happened?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.