MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this will be the right section, so apologies if it's not.

Just noticed that recently there has been an intense increase in the amount of zr's popping up at my work, and out of the 8 or so in there is only 1, maybe 2 that appear to have no problems.

One of them won't go in gear when the engine is running, so it has to be put in first gear before the engine is put on, and then kept in first gear.

A zr rep has (or at least I think it has) HGF, it was in months ago then withdrawn and came back in with a boot popper fixed on it and smoothed body / no handles for back doors (still dunno how to open them lol) yet it still drives like a heap of ****e!!

The eml light is on quite a few of them as well, and there's one which has just had no tlc what so ever, its completely stinking inside!

And what annoys me even more is the milage on some of them!! Most of them are 03 plated, so when you get in one thats only done about 40k you wouldn't expect it to have something wrong with it...

it just annoys me that people seem to have zr's and not give a **** what they do with them, and rag them about like they got them for free and have an endless supply of them!!!! :(:chop:

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
yeah i know what u mean some kid who comes into our place has just had his fixed cos he only had TPFT insurance and binned it drivin like a nob..his words not mine!

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are cheap enough for chavs to buy now. :(
True, but assuming these are cars that people bought in 2003 means that whoever they were at least had some kind of cash, right? Or were the zeds not that expensive back then either?

Either way it annoys the fook outta me!! I haven't ever red lined my zr, and I don't intend on doing it either, it's a car I love and intend on having for a while, having said that I don't see why anyone (no matter how rich they were) would buy a car purly to **** it about the streets and ruin it!! Sure you want to see, and feel its performance, but you don't need to do that every single minute you drive it lol

I know everyone on here will be here because they DO love their zr's and I would hope they don't **** them about like they mean nothing to them, but just thought I'd mention the point lol

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
i love myn and respect it alot even though i drive sensibly i still like to give it a thrash now and again

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
True, but assuming these are cars that people bought in 2003 means that whoever they were at least had some kind of cash, right? Or were the zeds not that expensive back then either?

Either way it annoys the fook outta me!! I haven't ever red lined my zr, and I don't intend on doing it either, it's a car I love and intend on having for a while, having said that I don't see why anyone (no matter how rich they were) would buy a car purly to **** it about the streets and ruin it!! Sure you want to see, and feel its performance, but you don't need to do that every single minute you drive it lol

I know everyone on here will be here because they DO love their zr's and I would hope they don't **** them about like they mean nothing to them, but just thought I'd mention the point lol
I've had mine from new and red line it day in, day out.

Before this one I owned 2 other ZR's, they were built to be driven!

As for the chavs, I couldn't agree with you more. I'm on the edge of selling mine because I want another car and don't want to be seen as a chav (Plus it's knocking on being a 54 plate.) I love Zeds and it breaks my heart to see some of the scrotes on here bending them because they can't drive.

Unfortunately because they were cheap to buy and the 105's are cheap to insure that's the way its going to go (BTW I'm not saying all 105 owners are chavs!):evil:

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had mine from new and red line it day in, day out.

Before this one I owned 2 other ZR's, they were built to be driven!

As for the chavs, I couldn't agree with you more. I'm on the edge of selling mine because I want another car and don't want to be seen as a chav (Plus it's knocking on being a 54 plate.) I love Zeds and it breaks my heart to see some of the scrotes on here bending them because they can't drive.

Unfortunately because they were cheap to buy and the 105's are cheap to insure that's the way its going to go (BTW I'm not saying all 105 owners are chavs!):evil:
tbh part of me doesn't red line it because of the HGF issues, but even if I knew that would never be a concern to my zr I wouldn't do it daily lol, out of interest has your HG been upgraded or is it still as you bought it?

Its a 105 I have :happy: lol I think it's for the best to start off with this and then possibly move on to bigger and more powerful zeds rather than getting a 120 or 160 from the off seeing as I'm only 19 and am aware of my capability rather than thinking I can handle anything :)

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Disagree with some of this. Your saying 105s are cheap to insure?far from it. im 17 and insurance is a bitch. I love my car and not a chav in the slighest. Ive loved zrs since i was 14. Would never thrash my zr so much that i feck it.
I meant to say that I disagree with the cheap insurance thing, I pay £1500 for my insurance and that isn't fully comp, and before people start posting them up, I am very aware of the view points which go like "if you can't afford to insure the car then you shouldn't be driving it" and to be quite honest about it, I don't care about them! (lol) I'm 19 and on my own policy as neither my mum or dad drive, but I do know that my premium will come down in time (fingers crossed) :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
All cars need a thrashign once in a while as long as it isnt driven on the limiter.

Plus whyy buy a 160 vvc if you're gona dirve it like a 105 lol.??

·
Registered
962 Posts
Well another way of proving it just search on ebay or any salvage dealer sites for MG and they'll be stacks of smashed up 105 ZR's and 25's. Not many ZS's and ZT's or any ZR 160's just all 105's. Typical chavs buy them now they're cheap in comparrision to other cars in they're class. Take them to the limit thinking they can drive then stack them. Theres a lad on my estate with a 53 plate one and he just gives it death all the time. Everytime i see him its on the rev limiter.

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All cars need a thrashign once in a while as long as it isnt driven on the limiter.

Plus whyy buy a 160 vvc if you're gona dirve it like a 105 lol.??
how do you mean drive it like a 105? regardless of what car you have, there are speed limits etc on roads :S lol

but yeah fair point, I'm not saying I never put the foot down in my car or whatever, just saying I hate seeing people that do it all the time, its completely [email protected] lol

Well another way of proving it just search on ebay or any salvage dealer sites for MG and they'll be stacks of smashed up 105 ZR's and 25's. Not many ZS's and ZT's or any ZR 160's just all 105's. Typical chavs buy them now they're cheap in comparrision to other cars in they're class. Take them to the limit thinking they can drive then stack them. Theres a lad on my estate with a 53 plate one and he just gives it death all the time. Everytime i see him its on the rev limiter.
I quite like the ZS, didn't really notice it until I had been in one at work, would love to own one of them someday but not for a long time as I'm in love with my zr lol

he sounds like a complete wanker already lol, he on the site? :lpirate2:

·
Registered
392 Posts
If you can't have fun driving fast... At least have fun getting to the speed limit! :) I rarely redline my zed. I'd say maybe a dozen times in the 18 months I've had it. Sort of justifiable in that it was in order to get away quick in traffic or be sitting there yet!
I understand what you mean though about chavs... Thankfully the ZR as a chavwagon hasn't really caught on over here just yet (I think...)

·
:(
1,896 Posts
I agree with some of what has been said, but not all. I have had my MG 105 now for 1 year and love it, even more now than ever. I would not swap it for another car only another Zed and that would be a diesal.

I think insurance is sky high on them, but they are dead cheap to buy. Alot of young teens buy them because there cheap and what ive come to found is that as long as they can get insured they are not fussed on what it costs (I have a mate darren who is prime example lol).

I dont consider my car chavy at all, and round my area (Northamptonshire) most people i see driving them are middle aged women ( 30 - 50 yrs).

As for my driving style it went from: First car nissan 100nx crashed it as drove like an idiot, then rover 25 1.4 drove sensibly and slow and tried to make it look like a ZR, then I brought my ZR a year ago and drive sensibly but quick, but thats because sometimes I find driving boring and I like to get from A to B as quick as possible!

·
Registered
962 Posts
You can drive fast without thrashing the fook out of your car. even if you build the revs up slowly you'll stillr each the same speed. Hitting the limiter looses speed.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It does make me sad seeing all things like this and the way people drive theirs not giving a fook.

I've wanted a Zed for years, always loved the look and how they drive.

Got one in August and the longest it's gone without a wash and a clean has been just over a week!!!

Only thrashed it a couple of times and take care of it!!

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you can't have fun driving fast... At least have fun getting to the speed limit! :) I rarely redline my zed. I'd say maybe a dozen times in the 18 months I've had it. Sort of justifiable in that it was in order to get away quick in traffic or be sitting there yet!
I understand what you mean though about chavs... Thankfully the ZR as a chavwagon hasn't really caught on over here just yet (I think...)
I like to see the performance through its acceleration etc (I love my 2nd gear lol) and I'm not saying I don't ever go over the speed limit, because I do, but I don't drive at over 100 mph everywhere I go lol

I agree with some of what has been said, but not all. I have had my MG 105 now for 1 year and love it, even more now than ever. I would not swap it for another car only another Zed and that would be a diesal.

I think insurance is sky high on them, but they are dead cheap to buy. Alot of young teens buy them because there cheap and what ive come to found is that as long as they can get insured they are not fussed on what it costs (I have a mate darren who is prime example lol).

I dont consider my car chavy at all, and round my area (Northamptonshire) most people i see driving them are middle aged women ( 30 - 50 yrs).

As for my driving style it went from: First car nissan 100nx crashed it as drove like an idiot, then rover 25 1.4 drove sensibly and slow and tried to make it look like a ZR, then I brought my ZR a year ago and drive sensibly but quick, but thats because sometimes I find driving boring and I like to get from A to B as quick as possible!

I don't consider zr's chavvy, its the owner that makes the car whatever it is i.e through mods they carry out, or the way that they look or whatever! I'm sure any car in the world could look chavvy if you really wanted it to! And I have to agree I have seen quite a few people older than myself driving zr's, one guy had no idea why on earth I was flashing my lights then waving at him lol

you find driving boring? WTF?!?!?!?!?! lol

You can drive fast without thrashing the fook out of your car. even if you build the revs up slowly you'll stillr each the same speed. Hitting the limiter looses speed.
correct, which is why I'm saying I hate seeing or knowing that people rev the **** outta their cars day in day out!

i think the chavs still are stickin with the corsas for the time beein just slightly hehe
a boy near me has spent 5k on resprays and modding etc on a 1.2 corsa, it got a photoshoot for fastcar... not sure what issue it was meant to be in, but its a red and white paint job (front half one colour, back the other, its actually more like 70 / 30 tbh lol) and the best bit of the whole thing? The reg plate he displays that reads "spit or swallow" lol

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It does make me sad seeing all things like this and the way people drive theirs not giving a fook.

I've wanted a Zed for years, always loved the look and how they drive.

Got one in August and the longest it's gone without a wash and a clean has been just over a week!!!

Only thrashed it a couple of times and take care of it!!
I have been dying to wash mine for days now, but I'm always at work... I think I might take it up to the valeters at lunch and ask them to do it lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts