MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there im new to this forum stuff. Ive got an mg zr105 54plate and ive been told that if i can get hold of a 1.8vvc exhaust camshaft that it will be a strait swap for my inlet camshaft on my 1.4 engine and i will not have to adjust the timing or anything. Has anyone heard of this before as i dont want to end up replacing bent valves :( & also will it make any difference to my car ?? Help me guys. Cheers :D

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
hi there im new to this forum stuff. Ive got an mg zr105 54plate and ive been told that if i can get hold of a 1.8vvc exhaust camshaft that it will be a strait swap for my inlet camshaft on my 1.4 engine and i will not have to adjust the timing or anything. Has anyone heard of this before as i dont want to end up replacing bent valves :( & also will it make any difference to my car ?? Help me guys. Cheers :D
Yep, direct replacement matey. Never done it myself though, but these cams are pretty much identical to the TF135 cams commonly used, but have slightly less lift. Should be a pretty easy switch of though. Something i may do sometime soon.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ideally you want a pair of VVC Exh cams, but the exhaust side on your car will be an issue as the VVC shaft doesnt have the Cam Sensor trigger. As mentioned, the only real way to do it is getting hold of what are pretty rare 135 cams.

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
pretty much not actually seen this done although I have heard it through the grapevine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good good ill be doing that one night this week then and ill let yu all know how it worked out ! how else can i get a lil more power, vvc inlet manifold and plenum chamber n 56mm throttle body, would that help at all ??

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
VVC inlet is only usefull if the ports are matched and if your doing that you may aswell polish while your there.

56mm t/b is too big for the k 52 is the best also a decent manifold and capacity is a good way check out our 1.6 conversion price

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
Got to disagree slightly there Andy, no point polishing at all unless you've actually had the head ported, not just port matching.
Questionable adam, it depends on the flow rate of the ports (not forgetting this is only a 1.4 in question), increasing port volume is not always the best idea (imagine it as making the plenum chamer larger, reducing throttle response).

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
But polishing wont give any real benefit to a standard head. If anything it'll just cause fuel drop-out and pooling.
That depends on what one calls "polishing", it's quite a loose term tbh. simply polishing wont get rid of any of the casting marks, but then, your not really polishing it all, the quick port required to do a proper polish isn't really a full port. It's hard to put a name to middle ground in this area really.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.