MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys does anybody know if the ZR steering wheel is interchangeable with the Rover 25 or Rover 45 ranges. (Or MGF)

I guess the splines may be the same on the R25, but would the airbags interchange and fit properly do ya know please?

·
X-ZR Owner
1,120 Posts
Yup should be fully compatable. I have heard of more than one person fitting MGF steering wheels to their zeds :up:

G

·
I also heard that the MGF wheel WASNT compatible? Dont know for certan so maybe someone could shed some light on this?

·
Banned
1,364 Posts
maybe charlie has his wires crossed n means the TF and not F i would assum that the new range of wheels r fully interchangable i.e TF ZR ZS 25 45 etc onwards

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
45 and ZS are likely to be different to be honest, as that car is based on the Civic.

Steve

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Basically wot is is I know of a some brand brand new stg wheels fer sale that are listed as R25,R45 and MGF fit.

Sounds like all the splines are likely to be the same - my main concern was the shape of the airbag fitting being same as on the ZR.

If not, even if I get the wheel on, it will lokk a barsteward :x:

Sounds like most peeps are maybe unsure..............

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
The steering wheel will probably come with the airbag part, ask to see if it will be with the wheel.

The shape of the airbag will most likely be the same, well it will be for the 25 and the ZR, it is the same car.

Rover will not make steering wheels that have the same fitment to the column but with different airbag modules, it doesn't make sense.

Steve

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Steve B said:
The steering wheel will probably come with the airbag part, ask to see if it will be with the wheel.

The shape of the airbag will most likely be the same, well it will be for the 25 and the ZR, it is the same car.

Rover will not make steering wheels that have the same fitment to the column but with different airbag modules, it doesn't make sense.

Steve
Thanks fer that..........

The airbag doesn't come with the wheels I have seen, but I reckon that the airbag module shape is likely to be the same. Knowing MGR I am only surprised that ALL the stg wheels dont interchange

'm gonna get one and see -let yer all know how it goes on :bash:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Right to start off the 25 and ZR are exactly the same fitment obviously.
The 45 and ZS are the same but will not fit the 25/ZR.
There are 2 sizes of wheel for the MGF/TF. The larger will fit the 25/ZR with airbag, however the smaller wheel requires an MGF/TF airbag for it to fit the 25/ZR.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Steering wheels

Or a Mini Cooper Airbag, they're the same size as the F one, don't think downgrading your airbag would be a good idea though, might go off with too much of a bang or something if not compatible with rest of the gear

·
Registered
227 Posts
Your airbag will fit onto an MGF wheel, all you'll have to do is trim the bottom. As the wheel is smaller then your airbag is too long, although the shape and fitment is the same.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
i been talking to a dealer and it will fit a TF wheel But if the car comes in for and warrenty work for the handling and steering the warrenty is void cause of the tf wheel being smaller apprently there the size they are for a reason

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
But all that warrenty bullshit is totally at the dealers discretion...theres no uniformity from dealer to dealer...

My first MGR dealer (MG Mill) wouldnt let me mod my zed and keep my warrenty valid...whereas the one in town where i got my TY zed (CD Bramhall) was only to happy to fix my leak even though they could have claimed it was from my lexus lights, plus they told me that anything i do to my car they would fix under warrenty until it expired!

It just depends on how nice ya dealer is...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts