MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lengthy discussion with a mk2 zr owner in the pub last night, it has come to my attention that some of you think the mk2 is a better looking car...surely not?

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Parts of the Mk2 are an improvement parts are not. IMHO, the mistake was to go for an angular front end with the grill and fog lamp surrounds and losing the twin headlamp look. The car is basically quite a rounded shape and putting an angular front end with sharp cuts and lines just doesnt work on a 'bubble' shape. At the back they smoothed everything off, which blends in well with the overall shape far more effectively.

I think they got the back end right and the front wrong and this has been reflected in the number of people that have been doing exactly this to the Mk1. I dont see too many people trying to put a Mk 1 back end on a Mk2.

At the end of the day though, it is all down to personal choice so there is no better car between the Mk 1 and Mk 2, you pay your money and make your choice.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I think the front of the mk2's is a bit soft, the mesh on the mk1 and individual lights look far more aggressive compared to the almost boring grill on a mk2. Its not bad looking, but just less imposing than a mk1 imo

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
I think they got the back end right and the front wrong and this has been reflected in the number of people that have been doing exactly this to the Mk1. I dont see too many people trying to put a Mk 1 back end on a Mk2.
you dont see many people putting mk1 front ends on mk2s either. as has been said, all down to personal choice, i love the look of my mk2, front to back.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think colour is a big factor as well. The bright colour mk1s look awesome but the mk2s like said before dont look as agressive.

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
i prefer everything of the MK2, exterior and interior, looks newer and fresher where as the mk1 is a bit 'old school' in my opinion

1 - 13 of 13 Posts