MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like I am selling the Zed people. I will have to trade in as on finance so I got a stupid price for the car but it will only keep going down in value.

The new car I am getting is half in insurance and it's a bigger engine size. My ZR is starting to have some problems now so I think its time for a change................................after only 6 months. :zip:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am getting a Puegeot 206 quicksilver 1.6 16v.

Got some better features then the MG. Nice car. What do you all think - I know it's not a MG but opinions???

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah but I regret changing to be honest. Had few problems and can't see it changing but that is MG. Lovely looking car etc but the quicksilver is v nice :hiding:

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
i like the 206 and proberly buy the missus one, all bar one slight design floor.......its nothing to do with mechanics, or build quality...its just one little annoying thing!

try and guess!

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
its french? or is it that stupid clutch pedal that rocks as ur turn the wheel?

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
gary160 said:
keep in touch.

The pug 206 is a nice car the aircon gets very cold, and they don't look too bad in the quick silver design.
my bro has one...with gti 180 bits on it (including the alloys) :up:

·
4,103 Posts
nope!! its more annoying thn that!!

But i will say this i really do like the 206 took a 180 fro a spin and liked it and they do a beautiful bluey silver!

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
there's nothing more annoying than that lol.

my hairdresser has the 180, she loves it.

·
4,103 Posts
ok ok the wiper blade are the wrong way round! it gets very annoying as you cant place it at first whats wrong then after a while you cant see muchin the drivers side corner!

·
Registered
82 Posts
ZR Replacement

So Pugs don't depreciate? If that's a problem the only cars worth looking at are MINI and the vRS Skoda Fabia, otherwise it's pretty much standard on all cars. Don't want to put you off, but we have a fleet of Peugeots at work, small vans, 406s and a 206 + 206 cc, all have given problems in varying degrees, one french vehicle (!) had a part fitted incorrectly on the brakes which meant they came on hard on their own - it was delivered like that, that was fixed and it went back another 2 times in the first month with other problems. Going to a French brand is not the best idea if you want reliabilty and build quality I don't think is any better than MG's (except on the cc but that's only because of the leather etc) at least not on the smaller or cheaper cars. Also I would guess a replacement for the 206 can't be years away as it's been about since '99?

Sorry to hear about your new car, good luck with you new one, you'd be really unlucky to get Friday afternoon car

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
i swapped a 206 quiksilver for a zr cos i had a few problems with the pug!are you getting a cc model??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im going the same way mate, had it since March but can not believe how poor it is! Paid £10200 on fiance for it so gonna have a bit of a loss but to tell you the truth worst investment ive ever made!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts