MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
i was "iluvamyj"
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much would a fabia hammer a zr tdi by?
could a zr be made as fast or faster than a vrs?
if it could what sort of mods would b needed and what sort of money would i be looking at?
thanks

·
Registered
501 Posts
my zr would hammer a vrs diesel.

1.9TD Fabia VRS (130BHP)
My ZED (144BHP)

to get a 101bhp zr to 144bhp, ive upgraded the exhaust system, bmc cda, sdi injectors, boost at 19-20psi and a remap...

looking about £500-600 to reach this point.

then you can go the hole hog and upgrade the clutch, gearbox, turbo.... and more.

but after the step ive reached ive totally transformed the engine on my car is feels so responsive and fast. it would show up many diesels on the road.

only my opinion

cheers

chris

·
Registered
501 Posts
oh btw the way when you get to the point im at, you need to find really really grippy tyres, as i find it hard to put the power down in the wet.

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Then start to modify a VRS with the same sort of money.

The VRS would then kill a moderately tuned ZR/R25 derv, i know of a VRS with well over 200bhp, and probably a shed load of torque as well.

Its all about horses for courses really, and what you have to build upon iniitally.

I am sure with the £2k+ that MAD has spent on his R25 derv to get 170+bhp, he would have got much better performance from the VRS (than the R25).
But we love our cars, that's why we tune them!!

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
262 Posts
Rather have my zed! can have all that power but if you no your car wouldnt think be hard to keep up!

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
If i had ANY diesel car, i would be looking at modifying it. I just happen to have a rover derv, so i mod that.

Cheers
Dave

·
Premium Member
14,041 Posts
id have a VRS. was considering it at one point. on black because they look the best in black,good built cars, my sisters fabia 1.4 is a bit noisy but she dont look after it, but drives well, ride is quiet smooth, feels weird when i drive it, dont feel the bumps as much lol

ohh a quick question, her motor keeps cutting out, me and my dad say its probablly just her fuel/air mix needs adjusting, she says its going to cost to much to go the garage but would it?just to hook it up to a pc and check the mixture?

·
Registered
388 Posts
is it a diesel zed ure talking about??

well to be honest 2k wouldnt go to far if you were moddifying a vrs as things are alot more expensive to buy, eg a upgraded turbo for one would costt the guts of 1k for a start. PLus injectors, exhaust systems, etc.

theres a guy at the minute running a special edition a3 (has 4wd) 1.9tdi, running over 300bhp and 400ft/lb, and revs to 6.5k. Now ure talking 10k spent under the engine, but its still on original block and pistons, etc. which is just incredible. Will post up a link if i can find it again, on the seat forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts