MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All !

Just having a bit of a play around and did the following clock mod ! i removed the original one and replaced it with the one in the pics, i had a spare centre dash section so did'nt care if it went pete tong ! in fact i am so please with it its staying in the car !!
The clock has display for time, alarm, just in case !! inside and outside temp, when i switch on the lights the back light in the clock also comes on like the original one, now just working on a auto dimmer for it ! i linked it all in to the original clock wiring using small brass plates to slide into the plug assembly, next project is to fit my volt and oil temp digital meters into the two airvents in the middle which should be a piece of cake !

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
did you buy or make the clock I just bought a traffic master clock and its already annoying me with how naff it is
and nice one as well might consider doing something like this

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the clock module, then the fun began ! Making it fit was not to much of a problem, getting it to work was as the clock is 1.5v and the backlight is 3v !had to do some small electronics but was quite easy, total cost £16, that's clock and electronic components.
If any one wants one I can get and to all the hard work, you just have tO fit it !
If your interested pm me and we can chat.

·
Registered
120 Posts
defiantly interested are there other clock module designs not a fan of the time being so big like it other than that also what's a rough sort of price you think

·
Registered
3 Posts
Aftermarket replacement Clock

Hi Guys, I've ordered what appears the same clocks as you and wondered how you fixed them in (glue/silicone to the cowl or rear?) and where you took the power from? I was thinking from the original connector, using the ignition + and - so the clock illuminates when the car is running only, however am unsure on which pins I need to use. Any help much appreciated :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts