MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there i was hoping someone could help me out i love my zr an i like to be different so iv got my self a zt v6 190 and i want to put the v6 in my zr could you tell me what id need to fab to fit it in ie engin mounts wirering and would the zt breaks be enough stopping power or should i go bigger as the zr is lighter than the zt?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
It is a conversion that has been done, but not by many people. It's a big job (and potentially very expensive). The KV6 is a very tight fit in the ZR engine bay for a start.

You would need to manufacture your own engine mountings, and it would need a third party ECU (the one from the ZT won't work with the ZR). Might need some modification of the engine bay metalwork too. It isn't just a case of fitting different engine mounts and simply dropping it in.

It also has the downside of being very heavy compared with the K4 normally found in the ZR, but without the torque of the L series diesel, so the performance gains are rather less than spectacular (the K4 VVC can be improved to give better power and performance than a KV6 conversion).

It is why the vast majority of people who wanted more power have gone for a 2 litre T series turbo or a 1.8 litre K turbo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iv done a little reading up i know its going to be hard to do but i just like to be a little different to the commen 1.8t convertion an i know there are very few v6 zr's out there iv got a zt 190 with only 60k on the clock with everything still working as a donor car would i not able to use the zt ecu and wiring at all? also what should i do for break set up use the zt breaks or upgrade as the zr is a lighter car and i want to know im going to stop also what do i do about the rad as i cant see there been much room? thanks for the reply mate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts