MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can everyone tell me how many miles they get out of a full tank of their 105, im sure mines drinking too much, (although it could just be a heavy right foot?)

·
Registered
360 Posts
havent actually figured out wat im getting eithe but its drinking it like i drink jack daniels.....think its the heavy right foot too though

·
Registered
79 Posts
used to average about 36mpg round town in our old one

·
X-ZR Owner
1,120 Posts
About 230-250 is normal for fairly heavy driving. Can get closer to 300 when you are a bit more careful.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Not sure about the 105 but I get between 280 - 290 out of my 160 and I dont hang about either. May try driving around like a grandad to see just how much I can get out of a tank :angel:

·
Registered
301 Posts
230-250 :blink2: :blink2:

i can get up to 360 miles from a tank out of my 25....same engine/gearbox as the 105 and i drive enthusiastically too!!

should be getting at least 300 IMO.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:up: :up: :up: :up: cheers guys! just what i wanted to hear! i get 230-270, i think like you say its down to my enthusiastic driving, but what can i do? the zr just loves the revs! dont y'all just love it!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :banned:

·
1,443 Posts
It also depends when you fill up. I mean do you run it down til the cars running on fumes? Ie do you get 48-50litres back into the tank? If not then you don't know your fuel consumption rate per tank.

The people that are doing 230 miles are filling up to quickly i think. 300 should be easily achievable.

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
mine is usually about 300, more on long steady journeys!! and as lots of u know, i don't drive slow :hiding:

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Crikey, you're all getting much worse than I am!

Got 335 miles out of a full tank (£35) on an enthusiastic drive to and around Wales and back again!

Plenty of stop starting around Wales and lots of high revving all the way!

If my driving isnt enthusiastic, then I'd hate too see how some of you lot drive :blink2:

Good driving gets me about 100miles per £10 of fuel.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'm with GT on this. Only had my zed 105 for two weeks but I'm getting about 100 miles per £10 and I'm not too keen to keep the revs down either!

Ade

·
Registered
205 Posts
I get about 260 on my normal drivin, which has lots of stop/start, lots of sitting in traffic, and lots of 6000rpm gear changes as soon as I get a bit of clear road :twisted: But, on longer, steady motorway journeys, it goes up to bout 320! HATE TRAFFIC JAMS, WASTE OF PERTOL :hurt:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts