MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
thinking of a turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there my hopefully planning to finish off my exhaust system soon( i all ready have a janspeed twin cat back) so i'm looking into getting the manifold and either a sports cat or DE-cat.

what i wanted to ask was i no having a DE-cat my lose a bit of power but how much are we looking at? its for a zed 160 vvc.

only wanting to go down the DE-cat route coz of money really. if there ain't too much bhp loss then i can bare it (just):thumbsup:

·
OEM +
19,034 Posts
IIRC on the 160's you do not lose power wiht a decat its only been said that you lose power decatting a 105

so unless youve seen figures on paper mate dont belive what you hear

ive de catted my 105 and well the low down pull is in a different league now to what it was

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
wrong way round danny, a decat will lose power on the 160, its to do with the way the vvc develops its power using exhaust scavenging, but like i said, i think that mainly applys to decatting one with the standard manifold. i think with the performance manifold it shouldnt decrease it by anything noticeable, even if anything at all

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
nah man, not paying those rediculous prices to go on sunday when everybody leaves early anyway, and not going tomorrow as i've got stuff to do with the car, and going to the donny match in the afternoon ;)

if you wanna call in at mine before or after on sunday though feel free :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.