MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Im gonna bung the Zed in for a winter service / check up and might aswell treat it to an early Xmas present and get an Xpower oval fitted at the same time.
How much should I be looking at paying at the main dealer? Is it just the back box? if its just the back box, the rest of the system is Stainless as standard right?
How secure is the fittings? I had a magnex 6x4 oval on a vectra sri and it kept falling off! really handy that.

Gonna pop to the garage and see if they have any in stock now...

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Make sure u get the new one, the janspeed one :mrsmiley:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do they do both the oval and twin pipes?
How much fully fitted at the main dealer do you reckon?

·
Registered
302 Posts
you can either buy a complete system or a back box. i got my back box (oval) fitted by the mg rover dealer.the exahaust was £199, total price including fiiting was £265. they have fitted it very well and have had not faults with it. (stainless steel) seeing you have a 160 as well, you wont be dissipointed with the sounds. its awsome!!

·
X-ZR Owner
1,120 Posts
I had mine fitted at the same time as a service so i bartered with them and got the exhaust inc fitting for £195

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
i dont get it mate............that means i have a small arse.............need to add the hole mate.............as in u arsehole :twisted:

·
Registered
556 Posts
ChrisB said:
Is it just the back box? if its just the back box, the rest of the system is Stainless as standard right?
The standard MGR system is mild steel with the exception of the manifold which is low grade stainless.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts