MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got an alpine headunit with an ipod interface, but i would like to hook my xbox up.Ideally i would like to have the screen in the centre and keep my head unit.Is it possible to do this as i imagine i would need another headunit with a screen??

·
X-ZR Owner
1,120 Posts
If you want to channel in the audio from your xbox then you will have to get a alpine source switching box.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put my screen in to the dash shelf. If you take out glove box (held in by 2 screws underneith). You can then get to the 2 scews holding the shelf in. you will prob need a stubby philips for this. then once them screws are out the shelf is held in by 2 clips. pull out cent air vent and pass vent and you'll see the clips. I used a dremmel to cut the shelf to shape of screen enclousure then just screw it in. v simple. Currently got box under seat but will be moving it to boot. I got kenwood mp3 player in mine so they had a lead that converted the steering remote lead into an aux input. Not sure if yours will have same type of thing. Not sure if this has been of any help, just how i did mine, anyways good luck with it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
ebay mate, theres a guy doin screens on there for well cheap get like a flip down display one or somthing wire it all up wire xbox to screen and then screen to aux on head unit that sud sort u out for pro set up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts