MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im thinking bout changing my backbox on my 105. iv been looking at the twin tailpipe x power ones, i just wonderd how loud they are and what they sound like?
thanks, Rob.

·
Slow Window TBF!
788 Posts
got one of these on my 160, highly recommended! Not really loud, but a nice sporty sound, can make u sound like u are going faster than u actually are though lol. Always get bollocked for speeding off when im driving normal cause people can here it. Looks the nuts too!

·
Slow Window TBF!
788 Posts
yeh it is just the backbox, going to get the rest of the system soon too, which will make it sound better and louder. Just has a nice sporty grumble to it at the moment, is a fair bit louder than standard though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
excerlent cheers mate, wheres the cheapest place to get them? i saw them on that ptp website for £170

·
Slow Window TBF!
788 Posts
probs ebay tbh, oval one is much easier to get hold of than the twin. I actually got mine off a member on here for £110 posted :D

PTP always seem to stock them though, never managed to find anywhere else that did them, so depends if u just want to wait for someone to sell one on here or on ebay.

·
Registered
392 Posts
You can also buy direct from JanSpeed, like I did. Definately like the twin, as slobbadan says, sort of sporty without being too loud. Even at idle, it's a quiet burble rather than a chavvy growl.

I find that video mode on digital compact cameras never really pick up the sound all that well, but anyway... Try this... :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts