MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
i just recently bought an X power back box for my Zed, had it fitted this week. After having it fitted to the car and drove around for a few days i noticed that edge of the tips have gone a orange colour, seems to be a bit like a rusty colour. however this just cleans of with
autosol but reappears when drove for a while. But the question is why does it appear? I rang X power they told me the exhaust always discolours slightly when the car is run, i would just have to clean it of. Anyone else had this problem? Is there something wrong with the finishing of the exhaust or is it common, any info would be great.

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Firstly... congratulations for ringing S'n'R and getting a responce on the phone! :mrgreen:

Secondly... do you have a pic to show what you're describing (speaks a thousand words and all that...) could just be heat discolouring.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes mate tried Autosol and it works a treat, however the question was why does it appear in the first place...?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ve just fitted my twin x power exhaust on Sunday and noticed it very slightly on the 1 exhaust aswell, no idea why it happens though. :wallb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts