MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Dont see why not, the body shell of the ZR is the same as a 25.

I looked at them before I got my current E-TECH one but I didnt think that the red would go with the rest of the detailing.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Droog :)

Do you think this is a good price?...or is there a better one you can suggest? similar priced?

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
When I was looking that was the cheapest one I could find as well. It is quite heavy as it is made out of steel but I doubt you will find one cheaper. You could try giving Stewart (Yellow-Peril) or Des at Banshee or even have a look round the discount companies on here and see if any of them can do you a better deal.

Demon Tweeks tend to be one of the most expensive firms going. I use Motorsportworld a lot although they dont actually list the Rover strut but they do stock lots of other OMP struts. They also offer the deal that they will match any price elsewhere. I popped onto the OMP webpage and they list it there, item no MA/1767

Regards

Nick

·
Registered
16 Posts
Donna. this is the one i have on my ZR..

Fits no problem, well, almost..

I had to slightly file one of the bolt holes on the strut as i was slightly of line. I do mean slightly. Whether this is standard or i just got one that was badly manufactured i dont know.

I would say that is the normal price for the item as well. Think i paid £56 all in or possibly even cheaper. Cant remember exactly.

If you want my honest opinion, then if you can afford to get an Etech one then get it but the OMP will be ok as well.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
All braces are about the same in regards to what they do, they just stop the turrets from flexing under hard cornering. The OMP is heavier than a Sparco or E-Tech, but are cheaper as well. The price is not a bad price at all.

The ZR is exactly the same as a 200 in regards to the chassis, and the braces will fit, though you will need to make slight adjustment to some ancilliaries (but this is the same on the 200 as well).

As to which one you would prefer, it depends on what look you want under the bonnet, the Sparco and E-Tech ones are polished, and the OMP is painted red.

Steve

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Ive been thinking about getting one of these for a while! Just cant make up my mind.....

I was thinking about the E-tech one but Ive never seen the Sparco one for a zed, what does it look like?

·
Registered
10 Posts
If someone hits you from one side the bar will also destroy your other side... ](*,)
seen that... #-o
Its better to get one aluminium (i think e-tech is that kind) so it breaks in case of accident... :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts