MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......a drive flange as the n/s has worne really badly because of the tracking
ive had a look on Ebay for new ones but ive not come accross anything yet, i was poudering if someone could assist me in finding 2 front's for not a RRP, as sometimes you can find thingser than they are in the shops :D :D

Cheers
Mike T

·
Registered
465 Posts
That im not sure of either but when we took them to the garage to use the ten tonne press the guy told us we needed new one's... When i go round to the left you can feel it knocking (poss on driveshaft)...Doesnt sound liek a healthy noise :S

·
Registered
465 Posts
The wheel bearing had already gone thats what we went down to the garage for so they could put them in... Im not too sure cause i dont actually have a clue what im on about but i remember it was loose when you moved it compared to the off side. Ive been quoted £50 odd pounds from a couple of places but thats just for one... i sthata reasonable price???

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
I'd be very surprised for the flange to be knacked unless the bearing was totally shot and scored it, try taking it to another garage, or post up a pic of the offending part if poss

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what i'll do it whip it off 2morrow, i'll show both sides and you can make up ur own mind,...........ive had 2 different garages to look at them and its very obvious that its knackered, even when i took the hub assembley off and the bearing just basicly fell out.
Im in in-need of drpo link bars aswel as its been ripped from the rubber mounts , which im not happy about again..but oh wel :D :D
had to change the front n/s tyre as it had worne to the metal, and its only 2 monthsa old!!!!!
ive tried to take the car to get its tracking sorted
but the only answer i get is a no
cos its lowered and they cant get the allignment right...sureley this aint true...

ill get pics of what it is atm, as the car stands its got a bad camber on the n/s and the o/s is fine:D :D , left hand turns and theres a loud knocking noise, sounds like 2 bits of metal banging against eachother but its muffled as its from outide the car(when the window is up)...
im gettin quite annoyed with the car cos soon as i sort 1 thing out another thing decides to break!!!.

Mike T

1 - 15 of 15 Posts