MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My missus is really broody at the moment and wants to start trying for a baby soon. She's slim in her physique (7st 10lb)

Do stretch marks and babies come together?? Im watching a programme now on child birth and a lot of women seem to have 6-8'' stretch marks all the way along the waist and stomach.

Will my missus get these too or does not everyone get them??

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
not everyone gets em!!

its all to do with how quick the skin has to change!! this is why people who's skin stretches quickly (for example, having a baby growing quicker than ur skin can stretch) can have stretch marks!!

It can also be when people have lost weight to quickly as their skin hasn't been able to adjust quick enough!!

Quite the least of your worries if u got a babe up all night!!!! :hiding:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
They younger you are the less likely you are moisturise a lot! My sister has loads they areterrible but then my other sister hasn't got any! It's all the luck of the draw!

·
Banned
652 Posts
To be honest....if your so shallow that u dont want a baby cos u might get stretch marks....then you shouldnt even consider it.....far to selfish in my opinion......

no one knows who is and who isnt gonna get stretchmarks

its the luck of the door.....to be honest if thats a concern then your not ready to have a baby!!!!!!!!

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
God who rattled your cage?

I was only asking a question as my missus was worried about it? If its part and parcel of having a baby then fine. It would certainly not put us off having a baby, why should it?

Im married, have a house and a good job, my missus is 24, why shouldn't we have a baby?

I was only asking a god damn question to those who may know. Who said anything about not wanting a baby due to a possibility of stretch marks?

Ice maiden, women worry about a lot of things.

·
Banned
652 Posts
Mitchy said:
God who rattled your cage?

I was only asking a question as my missus was worried about it? If its part and parcel of having a baby then so be it.

I was only asking a god damn question to those who may know.

Who said anything about not wanting a baby due to stretch marks?
No one rattled my cage....I simply made a point....and as I have 4 children I have every right to comment....

and u just hit the nail on the head your misses is worried about it.....who gives a fuk????? what you get for those stretch marks is more than worth it......

and thats from experience.......

no need to become abusive......patience is needed to be a parent u know

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats why i posted.

To ask a simple question. Ive obviously hit a nerve with you.

Its you who become abusive saying i don't deserve to have a child as i was so shallow.

·
Banned
652 Posts
no you havent read that correctly I said IF you were that shallow....not that u are.....how can i say that when i dont even know you?????

sounds as though maybe I have hit a nerve with you there!!!!!!!

and yes it did hit a nerve ......women to often these days have babies as a fashion accessory....and they are too worried about themselves to really care for the babies...they just send them off to nurserys from very young....

at no time did i insinuate that you would be doing any of these things.....but i do now notice that u have edited your original post so that it reads slightly differently!!!!!

And if you call my posts abusive then u should read back some of the stuff you have put in the past before passing that judgement

·
Registered
280 Posts
ive sent my bairn to nursery from a young age and my lass doesnt think hes a fashion accessorie. in my opinion the younger they go to school the better they learn more from a early age and then they are more advanced than other kids their age who dont go to school and for stretch marks theirs bound to be oils you can get to stretch the skin without marking it

·
Banned
652 Posts
I am not knocking people for sending their children to nursery for the right reasons........

I am talking about the people who do it so they can ....go to the gym....or meet friends for lunch.....or simply because they need to have a life!!!!!

If you work thats a different matter.....and you clearly do it for the good of your child.....nothing wrong with that

from experience they are very rarely ahead of the other kids once they attend school......usually the schools teach totally differently so they have to start all over again lol......

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im sure a lot of women think ahead about stretch marks and other things that may happen when they fall pregnant and look at things and ways to prevent them in advance!

Whether she gets them makes no difference to me or my wife. Like i said i only asked a simple question.

·
Banned
652 Posts
Mitchy said:
Im sure a lot of women think ahead about stretch marks and other things that may happen when they fall pregnant and look at things and ways to prevent them in advance!

Whether she gets them makes no difference to me or my wife. Like i said i only asked a simple question.
Personally I think this group of women would be in the minority.......normal women are only concerned for the health of the baby they will be carrying....ie giving up smoking and drinking before considering a baby......

these creams etc are a good idea.....and may help slightly ...but the bottom line is if you have that sort of skin...u will get stretch marks whatever....

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As i said, whether she gets them or not makes no difference to us and like any parents our main concern is that our child is healthy!

my wife is a very normal woman and stretch marks are the least of our worries!

just a general question, nothing to lose sleep over.

having a baby is about being in a caring loving marriage and wanting to bring a baby into a loving family not for a fashion accessary!

·
Banned
652 Posts
Mitchy said:
As i said, whether she gets them or not makes no difference to us and like any parents our main concern is that our child is healthy!

my wife is a very normal woman and stretch marks are the least of our worries!

just a general question, nothing to lose sleep over.

having a baby is about being in a caring loving marriage and wanting to bring a baby into a loving family not for a fashion accessary!
yep which is what I have been saying all along.........

·
Registered
280 Posts
hes not bothered hes just asking anyway theirs bound to be creams what can help and i think most wimen are bothered if they get them cos they dont look nice

·
Banned
652 Posts
chrisibrahim said:
hes not bothered hes just asking anyway theirs bound to be creams what can help and i think most wimen are bothered if they get them because they dont look nice
why bother about something u have no control over....cream or no cream....if your gonna get em u will.....

much better things to worry about in my life lol

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
as from my post "most" aren't coz "most" already have em!!!!

Ok some might be but its on a personal; level!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
i think in this day and age you get judge from the outside with is wrong so thats why wimen will be worried about looking skinny stretch marks etc.but your right if your going to get them your going to get them

1 - 20 of 44 Posts