MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 4-pack of the single blue led neons today. I want to remove the front panel off the interior door handle and mount two or three into the handle so passengers can see it in the dark.

Where can I wire the neons so they come on with the sidelights?

I've already wired up too much to the back of the cigarette lighter (turbo gauge backlight and neons) so I need to wire it up elsewhere.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Power supply to glove box light is another fav for the lighting circuit but TBH it wont matter much where you draw the power from as the current draw on LED's is very small. I have used a few distribution blocks for my lighting modifications. They are designed for a computer but work brilliantly on a car which is also 12V. All you need is one power input and it gives you 4 or 5 additional outputs.

A few things to consider regarding your LED's. Are they bare LED's as if so, polarity is really important, also are they 12V rated as very few LED's are and will need a resistor of the correct rating to make sure that you dont blow them?

Fitting them to the door handles is a great idea, but the problems you will have will be in geting a power supply from the car through the conduit into the doors. The convoluted rubber conduit that goes between the car and the door is not just a tube but it terminates in a plug and socket at the door end and that is where the difficulty in getting a wire through will be. I know as I had exactly the same problem when I wired in my illuminated door pins

1 - 2 of 2 Posts