MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just my 105, or are the front wipers just crap? and whose idea was it to have 4 wipes, a 5 second gap, then an infernal extra wipe on a simple quick spray? After 10 months its finally driven me nuts. (it's not a wear and tear thing, they have been pretty shite since I bought it.)

Has any body got any advice on:
1. New wiper blades and arms
2. Reprogramming the auto wipe thing down to like 2 wipes?

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
i jsut brought some new blades, they were bout £11 from motorworld (sorry don't know the brand) but they are brill!!

Mine were wank before and i thought about changing em, but new blades seems to have done the trick!

·
989 Posts
errr jib your starting to scare me ....

My wiper blades are shite like ... one kept fuckin squeeking so i changed it with the back ... now the back squeekes and i cant see out of the front.

shite driving in the rain.

I love snow ...

LET IT SNOW IN THE NORTH EAST ... I need sum sideways action lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
105+ mark 1, something else I have noticed as well, and this has also been the case since day 1, if driving as speed with wipers on full, the right hand wiper smacks the right hand pillar \ seal, it doesn't do any damage, but makes a bloody nasty noise.

I tried adjusting it cause i figured that it was just offset, but then it just tends to hit the bottom instead.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I've got some Xpower ones coming in...... here i go again, buy them at the RR DAY!!!

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
XavierX said:
105+ mark 1, something else I have noticed as well, and this has also been the case since day 1, if driving as speed with wipers on full, the right hand wiper smacks the right hand pillar \ seal, it doesn't do any damage, but makes a bloody nasty noise.

I tried adjusting it cause i figured that it was just offset, but then it just tends to hit the bottom instead.
never noticed the timings before but i know what u mean bout that right pillar, does my head in!! i find its ok when its really raining but as soon as theres not too much it starts banging! :x:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
:bash: I agree, compared to others cars i have driven wiper programme is crap!

i like my Zed but do miss the little extras i got in my other cars.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I am gonna contact my dealer \ MG directly to see if they are reprogrammable, interestingly, the wiper program is listed on the 2 page list of parts & specs that was stapled to my finance agreement. If its listed as programmed, you'd expect to be able to re-program it.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
yeah ive just got my zed about a month ago and its just the same. back wiper aint thet brill either

1 - 20 of 45 Posts