MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
Anyone know where i can get my windows blacked out in the rear?
am i right in thinking you can only tint the back ones and boot window as fronts are illegal?
also near miton keynes if possible?

·
Registered
117 Posts
No you can have rear and rear quaters limo black (100%) but the front ones you are restricted to i think around 25% (light smoke),

Altho a few of my mates have limo all round and have never had a problem.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Im gona get limo black on the rear an thye legal limit on teh front so if i do get pulled then they cant fine me! My mate got caught with his being 5% over the limit on front and got a £90 and points! Hes just unlucky i suppose!

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
you cant apply any aftermarket tint to your windows as they allready come with a standard tint which by adding any other tint will take you over the limit. iirc one of the phases of clio's came with 26% tint as standard so technically they were selling illegal cars :rofl:

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
its 70% VLT (visible light tansmission) that is the limit i.e. 30% tints.
there is a link to the law on tints on here somewhere, think its a sticky too

·
Registered
117 Posts
Simple Just Dont Get Caught! lol

If you see a police car put ur windows down lmao

·
Proud ZR 160 Mk1 Owner
620 Posts
I'm considering getting my windows tinted. Now I was in Halfrauds the other day looking at the tinting kits and the price seemed ok. I saw a guide on how to do it yourself on here a while back but I have never done anything like this before so how easy is it really to get a good result? I'm thinking the back windows going to be really hard to do...

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
i attempted this myself, and failed, just pay some1 to do it, honestly its the best way

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hiya I'm thinking of getting my 160 tinted, just wondering if anybody knows a good company/website, preferably near Norfolk. Also rough cost of getting them done. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts