MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to get insurance for the zed. geting quotes at £838 at the moment (im 20) :x: or £517 in may when im 21 :mrgreen: . will i lose my NCD if i take my car off the road for 9 weeks uninsured then insure it when i 21? dont want to have to start again with my nocliams. :hurt: any help will be great :up:

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
i belive you will loose that yrs ncb, as you will not have completed a full yrs no claims, but you wont loose the prev X yrs ncb.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
best thing to do is .............transfer it (yer Ins) on to summott really small.....go buy a 25 quid motor bike Transfer it on to that ....(You'll get a shed load of money back)....but it keeps up your driving record .....

some Ins Co will issue you with a note saying you have bin "Accident Free" up to the point your Ins lapsed

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my insurance finishes 11 march but im not going to renew it until may so shouldnt lose any nocliams???

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
S18HAD said:
my insurance finishes 11 march but im not going to renew it until may so shouldnt lose any nocliams???
nope. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Oh And ......as you aint gonna "Use" the Bike ...you don't have to Tax or MOT it either ......just fill in the SORN form

·
3,634 Posts
The Hooded Claw said:
Oh And ......as you aint gonna "Use" the Bike ...you don't have to Tax or MOT it either ......just fill in the SORN form
lol !! You got an old motorbike for sale here ?? :hiding:

·
Registered
556 Posts
people are correct.

You will not lose the no claims bonus. Just make sure you ask for the proof of no claims doc when the policy runs out. Renewals notice is not enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts