MG ZR Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am just posting cos i really wanna know why MGZR.co.uk and ZRunleashed do not seem to see eye to eye.I am probably gonna in trouble somehow for asking this so first of all i just want Craig,Keith etc to know,i am not doing this to cause shit.There are a lot of peeps who post on here also post on Unleashed aswell,what is the problem.
If both sites got on we could really have some good meets and come together for loads of stuff.Please i am posting this for response,positive response,don't want agrro or swearing or general having a go at each other,so i hope everyone that posts,posts constructively.

Cheers everyone and i hope to read some good replies.
Jason.
:up:

·
2,039 Posts
Agreed Jase, i dont think its all down to this site tho...........pettiness is a 2 way street. Maybe a few joint meets will help to clear the air, but as long as both sites have the best interests or the MGZR car as priority, then that is the main thing :up: :up:

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
I use both sites and it would be good if we could all get along. as for the joint meets let's hope the Janspeed 1 is the first of many.

·
3,634 Posts
Am a member of both sites but only really use this one !!!

The reason is i guess this is the one i first found !! I've alot of laughs on here and some good meets and really like the people !!! It just feels like home !!!

The main reason though is time !!! I dont have time to be a member of every site !!!!

Though i think the zrunleashed site does look good and is a credit to its admin !!! :up: :up: :up: :up:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay then there has been 68 views on this topic and only 4 replies.........This tells me that there is something here, and people don't want to comment,why what is the problem?,I know i am not the brainiest person in the world ,but i dont understand all this?
Put your view across,and opinions just say what you think honestly,would be good to also see a view from any Admin or Mods,wonder why you havent posted on here.
I see this as a important question that needs some answers to.......?????

Come on guys.........WHY dont anyone want to discuss this???????????????

:hiding: :hiding: :hiding:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I didn't bother to reply because I hadn't a clue what you're on about...

[Edit]
Sorry my post wasn't clear, I meant I wasn't aware of any animosity between themgzr.co.uk and ZRunleashed. That could partly be because I'm not a member of ZRunleashed, but I haven't seen anything on our forums taking a bash at them.
[/Edit]

G

·
I have a feeling that this stems from some nasty anonymous PM's that were floating about a while ago and also some from peoples acconts that had been hacked into and PM's sent from there to attempt disruption, shortly before this site fell over. There were a few suspicions and wild rumours, but nothing was ever proved/disproved. Both Keith, Craig and Bri tried to put a stop to it, but there was a lot of bad feeling and animosity created over that, which may be still hanging around (although god knows why?)

Prior to that episode, I was banned from this site, accused of being outspoken/critical. This was conducted under PM's and not publicly as all personal differences should be, rather than airing them publicly. One of the things I was accused of was that I was a MOD on the unleashed site, and that I would have a conflict of interests. Anyone that has met me would know different, and thanks to Craig, I have been re-instated. It is all in the past, where it needs to stay, but my take on the whole of this is that this particular site has changed since it has been under new ownership. That is in no way a criticism, just an observation and like anything that is under new ownership, things will change.

Now not everyone likes change. Those that have joined since the site was taken over will not know what the hell I am on about, those that have been on here as long as I might. Now I know for a fact that Bri didnt start the unleashed site to be in competiton or as a result of this change, but it may seem like that because of his timing. Like myself, he had been a member on this site for a long time, and was very popular from what I remember. I do know though that he got a lot of flack from some people and some nasty accusations none of which were founded after he had started the site. Both sites have different personalities and views on things and like life, some personalities clash, others harmonise. I would like to think we can all harmonise for the greater good of the ZR. If there is a personality clash, then like real life, avoid that person (read site) and get on and enjoy the rest of your life. It is too short to allow petty feuds to cloud what should be an enjoyable pastime/hobby/way of life.

I was once offered mod status on here but turned it down as I wanted the freedom to be able to speak my mind (albeit if it cost me a ban). I value that facility and hope that I dont abuse it. I am a mod on the unleashed site and as such try to keep a slightly less ourtspoken and more subdued view there, mediating rather than arguing. I just hope that people can see the difference and that this animositryt between the two sites can eventually be forgotten. I have already tried to make some difference with the combined meeting at Janspeed (many thanks to Kathyrn at Janspeed and Jib here for that). I am hoping to arrange some more joint ventures in the future if people want that?

Thanks for listening, I'll get off me soap box now and crawl back into my corner.

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
Well said Nick, becuase MG's is catchphrase is "because lifes too short not to". Please please please can both sites admin get together and sort out any problems that are hanging around or forgive and forget and just leave them in 2004 and start fresh in 2005.

I'm a member on both sites too and would love to see joint ventures by them.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Jason32 said:
Okay then there has been 68 views on this topic and only 4 replies.........This tells me that there is something here,

Just to emphasize this, the number of posts/to view ratio is about right, but could be exaggerated because of the ambiguous title, as outlined here. link Currently the admin/moderators have not seen any reason to post anything, as we are currently unaware of any conflicts between the two sites and belived that in doing so would either create the notion that there was a problem, the two sites, most likely have different futures, although im sure there will be join ventures at some points we do have different goals at the end of the day, so there will be different meets at some points, but this is true for all sites such as mg-rover and xpower forums, some people inc myself are members on other sites, and will meet on joint ventures and site specific ventures. Since these are two different sites, of course there will be different meets and similiar meets, but this is down to it being two sites rather than one, if all our meets were joint ventures, it would defeat the point of having two sites, thats not to say as before that there wont be joint ventures, all that needs to happen is to pm a moderator/ meet operator to arrange a co venture.

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
eerrmmmmm works both ways chap!!

i replyed to a similar thread on the site in question and it was deleted!!

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Agreed.I just wanna be able to get on with enjoying my hobby and past time, my zed, without having to read and respond to threads like this, where if all was left to lie, 99% of people wouldn't even consider there to be problem. We all go where we wanna go, end off!! Just seems some people go on and on about a seemingly non existent problem.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Vic so are you saying that there isn't a problem between the 2 sites then?
I aint posted this topic to cause shit and bad feeling,but you know the same as me that there is something which in my opinion has lingered on far too long now.Just want to get peeps happy with both sites,which however you judge all this is not the case at the moment,and you know it.

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
i have no bad feeling, i just dont see why its an issue...if people wanna be there, so be it, if people wanna be here, so be it!!

The only thing that keeps the pettiness going is threads like this when everything was fine!! I just dont understand the need for it!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
But things are only fine when people dont wanna discuss them.

Lock it Vic.................please,people obviously don't want to shake hands and forget things.

I am sorry for wasting people's time on this matter.

:wallb:

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Forgive me if you think i'm being stupid but i was not aware of the animosity!! We are 2 completely different sites and how we run is very different. It seemed some people didn't like this and went off to create their own site, good luck to them i say!!They have a very different way of running (for example when i last visited only 6 of the 71 unread posts were car related and the car related ones had also been read on responded to on this site!) Also, i do have to say is that one of these points that was frequently raised by certain members was about freedom of speech.......so how come my post on the site (which i was asked to respond to) got deleted??? Surely a sense of irony there!!!

We are themgzr.co.uk and in my opinion thats all that matters, this is the place we love, so why should we feel the need to go else where if we dont want to. The people we have met here, the meets we have, the information we get and the banter we have!!

I do go browsing other sites but i choose not to post, is that surely not my decision??

I do know that some of the mods/admin from the site in question chose to have their accounts deleted but it would seem have since come back!! They are as free to post as all the other members, but choose not to which is their choice. However i do feel that personal pm's from these admin when people visit their site, asking them y they are there, is going to cause some problems!!

I do and always have, got on just as well with admin/mods/members as i ever did!! Me and my friend like going to pubs, she goes to the hart, i go to the elephant, surely its the smae things. Doesn't prevent us from being best friends!

I just wanna be able to get on with enjoying my hobby and pasttime, my zed, without having to read and respond to threads like this, where if all was left to lie, 99% of people wouldn't even consider there to be problem. We all go where we wanna go, end off!! Just seems some people go on and on about a seemingly non existent problem.

I was asked to express my opinion, so i have, people who know me, will also know i'm very honest and say what i think, even if it is sometimes seen as outspoken.

All i can say for this site, is we are open, friendly and welcome to views of ALL of our members. If some people just wanna come here and look, fine, if they wanna post, also fine, as long as they are getting the ZR info they want and need, then we are doing our job! Anything else that comes with that is a bonus!!

Anyway, thanks for listening xxx

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Jason32 said:
Vic so are you saying that there isn't a problem between the 2 sites then?
Jason32 said:
Okay then there has been 68 views on this topic and only 4 replies.........This tells me that there is something here,
I think by your deductive logic you are infact creating something from nothing, if you look at the avarage, view to post count ratio, you will see that although this may be an exponential relationship not linear, given by the fact of the title being ambigous, infact there is nothing untoward occurring, and I feel that anymore posts relating to there being a problem may infact instagete matters which i feel would not be in the best intrests of either site, and may cause the thread to also be locked.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.