MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a really nice day out at drayton manor, came back to the car to find some dick head had reversed into the front of my car, and just driven off.
They must of hit it with some force as its, broken all the clips on the headlight where it was push right back, cracked and split the bumper, scrapped paint off it, cracked the paint on the front wings where the bumper got pushed up and back. Push the fog light back, popped out the indicator out. Plus bent the plastic cross member thingy behnd the bumper(dont know the proper name).

I'm so pissed off that someone can just do that, and not stop and leave a note or something, it made me lose faith in man kind, and question if i can leave my car anywhere safe??

Just understanmd how? and why? someone could do that!! And there have been loads of threads just recently with people saying similar thing, whats wrong with the world!!:angry:

Rant over! :cry1:
:angry: :angry:

Is worse in real life. :sad:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats gutting mate, will rob cost a fair bit to get fixed aswell :(
been guessing its going to be around £400, new headlight, bumper, plastic cross member thingy, and inicadtor. Then painted. Its going to look like its had a proper front ender! :unsure:

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Unlucky m8, doesnt seem to bad but thats not the point. :(

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
where were you parked? any cctv available where perhaps you could get the reg plate of the car that hit yours....?

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
where were you parked? any cctv available where perhaps you could get the reg plate of the car that hit yours....?
Means **** all I'm afraid mate, somebody was caught on CCTV hitting my ex's car at the petrol station and nothing ever came of it :(

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Means **** all I'm afraid mate, somebody was caught on CCTV hitting my ex's car at the petrol station and nothing ever came of it :(
That's **** :noexp: wtf is the point in paying for the car parking if nothing is actually done to ensure that your car is protected in some form?

That is assuming drayton charges for car parking...

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
That's **** :noexp: wtf is the point in paying for the car parking if nothing is actually done to ensure that your car is protected in some form?

That is assuming drayton charges for car parking...
its too much hastle for them to actually look at cctv footage

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no CCTV at drayton anyways, i was in the over follow car in a field!!

Damage is a lot worse than its looks, you can push the near side which got hit back to the rad with your little finger, were as the otherside you can hardly push in at all. Going to have the bumper off tomoz, to see the full extent of the damage.

·
sugarmom
784 Posts
Bet it was dozy woman in a 4x4 full of kids! Feel v bad for you, hope you can get it sorted cheaply. :)

·
Banned
8,794 Posts
hey pal. yea this is very gutting i know :(

but, the damage does look very minimal. newheadlight and a touch up pen, and youll be ok. Then you can wait around for a TB front bumper to become available so you can buy it and not have to worry about spraying costs! or could leave the bumper, does look minimal. Just where the plastic has spiked up abit, found out that someone had done it to my rear bumper, but its only me who notices it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
its abit much for a touchin pen they dont fill cracks! lol But looking in a positive light, does give me the chance to change the front end, was thinking about smoothing it out. So i might well mend the head light for the MOT and leave the damaged buimper on for now, and wait til something comes up. :crazy:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts