MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it's not since i lowerd it , its done it from day 1. anyone have any suggestions???
And please done say, don't wheel spin. lol
:up:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yeah, I have had this on the drivers side front wheel. Is it not just the wheel jumping about cos it cant get traction?

·
989 Posts
its normal if its dry ... it doesnt happen much in the wet tho

its just the wheels spinning and ''bouncing'' at the same time lol hard to explain.

Think its just cos the cars getting some sort of traction but theres to much power so it sort of spins a little bit then gets a bit traction but then spins a bit ... not sure if any of this is making sense But every car ive drove has done this in the dry

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Was going to say the same, don't wheelspin, as if it is banging then you are stresses the suspension, engine and gearbox, and all the mounts, and if you keep on doing it it will likely prematurely wear, or worse case scenario it could break.

You can quite easily get a 160 off the line without spinning the wheels.

Steve

·
989 Posts
my mate's got a fiesta rs turbo and hes dun that much to the engine 1st gear is basically useless ....

you just can get off the line unless you start in second and even that spins like a f**ker.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mine does it too - did it on my old car too .... same reasons as above .... power going to the wheels, can't get grip and is bouncing until it's gets the traction......

G

·
Its called 'tramping'. It was always a problem with live rear axles and rear wheel drive.

Withe a live rear axle then you can fit a bar called an anti-tramp bare funnily enough to stop this happening, not quite so easy with front wheel drive.

Its a really good way to destroy your engine mounts and knacker your suspension amongst othert things

·
Registered
17 Posts
I get this with mine too....its got to be a traction thing as my front tyres are now almost ready to replace and it has gradually got worse with time.

I try not to wheel spin tho as the tyres cost a bloody fortune :hurt:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts