MG ZR Forums banner

Are "shots" classed as an alcoholic beverage?

• Of course they are you ****ing n00b, what a silly question to ask!

Votes: 45 95.7%
  • No, my name's Sarah/Ceri and shots should not be added to your evening's drinks tally

Votes: 2 4.3%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always ask Lisa how many drinks she's had and she'll say "only three bottles of WKD..." then she'll tell me ten minutes later that she's also had ten shots of Sourz or Corky's or whatever, but "they're not a full drink so they don't count" :crazy:

W

T

F

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Anyway, the question is, are alcoholic shots classed as a "drink"?!?!

·
OEM +
19,034 Posts
yes they should cos they prob contain the same and in some cases more than any wkd lol

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Sourz doesnt seem to do anything to me, so id say no :D

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Technically a shot of alcohol is not a drink unless you add a mixer.

But by the Buckie Declaration of 1803 it is also to be considered as a drink if you finish the bottle.

Hence the reason Scotland is full of alkies who've "only had the one".

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
yeh u wouldnt get pulled over by the police and if asked have you been drinking tonight and say no when you have had 20 shots, well you might but the breathalyser is going to tell them your a liar

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
I havent voted yet :p

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
sourz is weak as hell and i drink it as a drink- by the glass, if that counts? :D lol

a propper shot eg, aftershock, vodka, jagermeister etc. is 1 unit of alcohol, a bottle of WKD is 1.4 iirc but youre likely to get drunk more quickly from shots as you tend to get through them faster and have more of them before feeling "full" lol... think a shot of sourz is only like 0.4 units so 10 of them is still less than 2 pints worth (providing you are using strict 25ml pub measures lol) but girls tend to get drunk more easily anyway due to their tissue makeup :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts