MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty all,

Just curious about the ZR Turbo and what sort of age range you need to be in before insurance becomes "reasonable"?

How much dearer is it to insure a Turbo than a 160? Obviously itll be different for everyone on the exact amounts but i mean is it much the same rates or?

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
it would probably be easier to say "anyone who owns a zr turbo and has it declared, how old are you and how much is your insurance, also how many years no claims do you have?" ;)

·
Slow Window TBF!
788 Posts
I heard that a zr turbo is actually cheaper to insure than a 160, is this right? Cause im insured at 18 on a ZR160, fully comp for £1480, so if its cheaper im sure someone under 21 could get insurance on one with it declared.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
i cant see it being cheaper personally, firstly its a modification, secondly its an extra 40 bhp, thirdly its a turbo, so they know its easy to get more power out of...

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Insurance is the most illogical thing ever invented, so it wouldn't surprise me tbh.

·
Registered
528 Posts
slobbadan, can i just ask how your insurance is so cheap with you being 18??
which company are you with and are you on the insurance as an aditional driver??

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
good point...

its also the most disciminatory thing ever invented, how they get away with it is beyond me.
I have to disagree on this guys, Insurance is a good thing as it does save you money in the long run as the company will pay for the damages and not you out of your own pocket. However I do agree on the pricing it is really ridiculous, charginf soo much for a such a car that is not even made for performance is jus beyond me lol.

My conclusion is Insurance companies are there to eat your money and save lives in a away lol

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
I have to disagree on this guys, Insurance is a good thing as it does save you money in the long run as the company will pay for the damages and not you out of your own pocket. However I do agree on the pricing it is really ridiculous, charginf soo much for a such a car that is not even made for performance is jus beyond me lol.

My conclusion is Insurance companies are there to eat your money and save lives in a away lol
on average it will not save you money or else all insurance companies would make a loss and go bankrupt LOL.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts

i think hob was trying to say that the way insurance is priced was illogical mate, not just insurance in general, lol.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Well that means my posts failed lol, i didnt understand

·
Slow Window TBF!
788 Posts
slobbadan, can i just ask how your insurance is so cheap with you being 18??
which company are you with and are you on the insurance as an aditional driver??
Cause for some reason norwich union will give it to you super cheap if u use money supermarket.com, go tpft then they wont quote unless u go fully comp, do that and every time u will get around the same price as me, if your 18 that is.

It is in my own name, but i have 3 named drivers on as my parents and my older sister, helps bring the premium down lots.

I made a little guide to help people get it, as its totally legitimate.

Here is the link (the guide is at the bottom of the page)

http://www.themgzr.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?p=1075583&highlight=insurance+fully+comp#post1075583

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Insurance is a good thing as it does save you money in the long run as the company will pay for the damages and not you out of your own pocket.

In 5 years I have paid about £8k's worth of insurance and even if I write my car off I will still have £4k to put towards the other persons repair :)

The only time insurance works is if someone is injured and requires medical treatment/the after care etc.

·
Slow Window TBF!
788 Posts
In 5 years I have paid about £8k's worth of insurance and even if I write my car off I will still have £4k to put towards the other persons repair :)

The only time insurance works is if someone is injured and requires medical treatment/the after care etc.
I see your point, but if you had a crash in your 1st year, with little or no money, then you wouldnt have been able to afford it and the insurance company would have to cover it. I see your point as the prices are ridiculous, but insurance companies are there as a fail-safe obviously.

·
Drunken Monkey
7,288 Posts
i seem to remember that the turbo insurance is cheaper than you'd think because it is classed as a modified 1.4..not sure if thats with every insurer or just certain ones.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts