MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

i might just be being a little ott worried. But i check the oil and coolant etc regularly because of the worry of hgf. i noticed i have little white splodges in oil cap.

I havnt looked there before, threr were like 3-4 little white splodges in the cap. nothing else in head or around rim. my coolant is fine and kinda clean and engine temp always sits under half without moving. oil dip stick normal colour also.

am i being to worried or is this a start to the bady... :no:

·
Registered
195 Posts
How often is the car used ? If its sat around a bit it could just be condensation in the rocker cover. If you think it may be hgf wipe the oil cap clean, put it back on and go for a blast, if the dreaded white mayo returns after your drive then its water leaking into the oil. How any miles has the car done?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmm well i just went out to have a look. aint really there because my m8 wiped it away, as he found it earlier. id say the coolant maybe has gone down a tad since i bought it a few weeks ago. but ive done over 1000 miles since then. (couple of long trips)

maybe see if it returns, if it returns how quickly should i be worried?

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
All i can think is that it doesnt sound good buddy...but look on the bright side...take the oppertunity to mod the **** out of your engine while its split...i know i would.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'll see if it comes back in the cap over next few days. if it does i'l get a garage to have a look. and if sh1t hits the fan, i'll have to take it 100 miles back to dealer somehow -.-

·
Is Constantly Horny
5,063 Posts
if its gone and you just got it from a dealer its there job to sort it so long as its in the 31 day warranty

take it to a garage and get them to do a pressure test on the cyliniders they should all be of within 7-10 psi of each other.

Or you can just keep looking at the oil cap keep an eye on collant

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.