MG ZR Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
4 screws to remove the surround, then another 4 to remove the unit. Then you have to split it open (another 2 screws and a few clips), and remove the dials from the unit. Thats some more screws lol. Then the hard bit - changing the actual dials. You have to remove the needles from the speedo and rev counter, and try to cut off around petrol and temp gauges (REALLY don't want to remove the needles here) Once thats done the new dials from metal monkey slide on, put the needles back on in the right place (and hope they don't stick lol). Then you have to remove the orange filter from behind the trip clock and replace it with a bit of white paper. Then screw it all back together again! It's not simple but it's do-able if you have the patience.

·
Registered
10 Posts
However at 80 quid I wont be getting any metal monkey dials... I'll have to glue coloured film where I want stuff lol... Is the filter behind the odo screen a sand off one or just a removable film like your clock was?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Ahh in that case yeah you just need to sand off the orange backing. Apparently it can be quite tricky though

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wondered if could get bit of help got white bulb in clock popped it apart and took orange filter off but still numbers in orange :-(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Also any one know were i can get the bulbs from for the rear heated window and fog light switches all shops tell me dealers til i inform em its a mg then its a completly frazzled look and an exhausted dunno sorry

41 - 52 of 52 Posts