MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title sys which laptop guys? im used to having windows XP how does vista rate?

and some links for a laptop please, nothing to expensive maybe £400ish

will be usedfor internet, photos/editing and music only thankyou

·
VTEC addict
1,674 Posts
i got dell inspiron, 1525

329 quid, any colour.

Vista is very good

go on the dell website

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont know whats best to go for? my cutom pc is quite good for what it is its running 2.09ghz and 1.50 gb OF RAM AND AN amd ATHLON 3000+ so somethig equivalent in laptop form? as i aint to sure on the whole duel core stuff and all that

·
Proud ZR 160 Mk1 Owner
620 Posts
The Aspire One uses an Intel Atom processor. Clocked at 1.6Ghz its not Dual Core but is hyperthreading. Uses sod all battery power though meaning you get more life. Plus the One is ultra small and portable. I got one and its great.

·
Interior spraying supremo
3,038 Posts
would never touch an Acer again tbh, no matter how tempting the spec or price. Had one 2 years ago that cost me £500+. The right hinge on the top snapped twice, including the screen ribbon or w.e snapping so it didnt work. And one time the lid actually coming off at one side. Rubbish, i took care of it but it kept breaking, they wouldnt fix it after the second time, and the screen went,first producing lines all over the screen then all of it went so i cant see anything. So in my drawer it sits, it made more sense to buy a new laptop than pay the £200 they wanted to fix it.

Currently using this one http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/501441/FUJITSU-SIEMENS-AMILO-LI-2735/tab/specification#spec

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
The Aspire One uses an Intel Atom processor. Clocked at 1.6Ghz its not Dual Core but is hyperthreading. Uses sod all battery power though meaning you get more life. Plus the One is ultra small and portable. I got one and its great.
Only good for desktop work and office... ****e for everything else

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Only good for desktop work and office... ****e for everything else
Aye it's not a main machine, but for notes on the go etc. Quality. Would get the Dell Mini over the Acer Aspire.
In the states you cn buy the Dell with a cut down Ubuntu install...yes please.

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
Aye it's not a main machine, but for notes on the go etc. Quality. Would get the Dell Mini over the Acer Aspire.
In the states you cn buy the Dell with a cut down Ubuntu install...yes please.
ubuntu is mint.. very easy to use

only problem i got with the dell one is the dell sticker on the front

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
like ubuntu, no need to learn kubuntu, dont use servers soo..

Tis a nice little bit of software, specially as seen as you can load it from a CD and dont have to install it :D
ah well you see I have one of the new Dell T75 or T100 servers I got free a couple of months back.
Dell were pushing Virtualisation, Server 2k8 and their partnerships with Suse Linux and AMD so we all got nice freebies.
Throw a 64bit Ubuntu on it and their my project :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.