MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
900 is the max i think. I already have the macbook..i can see why people think they are over priced, but they are very reliable, still have a high spec, nice design etc. However, the black macbook i think is stupid as you pay over 100 just cos its black and for it to have a slightly bigger HDD

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
I've got a Toshiba. Does pretty much what it says on the tin, a bit like Ronseal Quick Drying Woodstain.
What does that do.... im asking for ceri

900 is the max i think. I already have the macbook..i can see why people think they are over priced, but they are very reliable, still have a high spec, nice design etc. However, the black macbook i think is stupid as you pay over 100 just cos its black and for it to have a slightly bigger HDD

So question why you need another one

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
ye mines Hp, only 15.4" though, but for £400 im realyl pleased with the spec..

Dual core amd chip, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd, dvd rw, web cam, etc.. well mnice.. does me.. ;)

is amazing what you can get for a few hundered quid now
Yeah Full Spec

AMD Turion 64X2 Processor TL-60 (2.0 GHz, 1600 MHz, 1 MB Cache) Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium, 2 GB Memory, 120 GB Hard Drive, Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Rewriter, 17" BriteView Widescreen Display NVIDIA®, GeForce 8400 Graphics Card, Integrated Webcam, Wireless Enabled

got this wee remote control too lol good for slideshows when showing pics n stuff and playing music through it u can skip songs from range ha ha

For 500 i couldnt really complain it must be said

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
Yeah Full Spec

AMD Turion 64X2 Processor TL-60 (2.0 GHz, 1600 MHz, 1 MB Cache) Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium, 2 GB Memory, 120 GB Hard Drive, Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Rewriter, 17" BriteView Widescreen Display NVIDIA®, GeForce 8400 Graphics Card, Integrated Webcam, Wireless Enabled

got this wee remote control too lol good for slideshows when showing pics n stuff and playing music through it u can skip songs from range ha ha

For 500 i couldnt really complain it must be said
mine said it had lightscribe but it doesn't not, fussed bout that as its ****...

Ye mines only the 1.9ghz athlonx2, vista home premium, gefore 7100, nforce 710 chipset. wireless too....

·
Registered
556 Posts
mine said it had lightscribe but it doesn't not, fussed bout that as its ****...

Ye mines only the 1.9ghz athlonx2, vista home premium, gefore 7100, nforce 710 chipset. wireless too....
Yeah the lightscribe is a bit poo takes ages. Gd reliable machines :weakbenc:

·
Slow Window TBF!
788 Posts
Yeh im getting a Dell XPS laptop for £900 15.4" screen, but then 2.5Ghz processing power (dual core so becomes 5GHZ) like 4GB ram, 320GB space, double speed bus controller etc etc. Check the spec out on the website, i have a middle range one, best value for money and still awesome performance.

Could have got a 17" one but for some reason came with a worse processor, that spec one looks a lot nice though, the design is better, but the one im going to get still looks good imo.

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
Yeh im getting a Dell XPS laptop for £900 15.4" screen, but then 2.5Ghz processing power (dual core so becomes 5GHZ) like 4GB ram, 320GB space, double speed bus controller etc etc. Check the spec out on the website, i have a middle range one, best value for money and still awesome performance.

Could have got a 17" one but for some reason came with a worse processor, that spec one looks a lot nice though, the design is better, but the one im going to get still looks good imo.
WRONG... dual core does not mean that you get 5ghz of power, well not in that way anyways, it just means your computer will be able to perform multi tasking better

·
Slow Window TBF!
788 Posts
WRONG... dual core does not mean that you get 5ghz of power, it just means your computer will be able to perform multi tasking better...
yes i know i did A level, IT but u get virtual processing power so it tricks u into thinking u have it, and in particular this means would have the equivalent of having a single processor with a clock speed of 5Ghz, during gaming as multitasking is vital in those with the use of virtual memory. :D

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
yes i know i did A level, IT but u get virtual processing power so it tricks u into thinking u have it, and in particular this means would have the equivalent of having a single processor with a clock speed of 5Ghz, during gaming as multitasking is vital in those with the use of virtual memory. :D
in a sense yes, the problem with laptops is they put ****e memory in them, causing bottle necks, and intel still ahve the problem or a non integrated northbiridge, meaning that only one core can talk at one time...

Multithreadding is getting better, but its stillnot big, and there aren't many apps that use it

·
Slow Window TBF!
788 Posts
in a sense yes, the problem with laptops is they put ****e memory in them, causing bottle necks, and intel still ahve the problem or a non integrated northbiridge, meaning that only one core can talk at one time...

Multithreadding is getting better, but its stillnot big, and there aren't many apps that use it
Got one that allows multithreading on mine, is a feature of the xps, so it will be up to scratch, im not saying it is as good i mean, just saying for gaming it is in particular. I know laptops arent as good as desktops but i just dont want so much space taken up by my desk etc.

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
Got one that allows multithreading on mine, is a feature of the xps, so it will be up to scratch, im not saying it is as good i mean, just saying for gaming it is in particular. I know laptops arent as good as desktops but i just dont want so much space taken up by my desk etc.
ye i hear that, my desktop sits, doing mostly conversion work now, dont use it for games and the lappy dont go near games either...

xps is basically an alienware one anyway they got it when dell took over alienware

1 - 20 of 40 Posts