MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question.. I've recently been running a vibe active sub but have now started my full install, question is tho: Where have you guys secured your amps? At the moment it's secured to the boot floor via a few screws but need somewhere more convenient? Is it easy enough to just drill it to the back of the seats etc...??

I will eventually be creating a false floor type thing with a perspex window but for now need some ideas..

Cheers... Alex

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hoogie said:
mine is screwed to the back of the sub box.
I was thinking that at first but then I decided to get the stealth box and there's no room at all on it to screw the amp to it...

Clive.. did u have to drill into the seats?

·
Registered
326 Posts
hoogie said:
mine is screwed to the back of the sub box.
u might want to think about changing it fromthere. the worst place toput a amp is on the sub box the vibrations the box gives the amp unnecassary crap that will eventualy kill the amp.

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
mine is screwed to the back of the 1/3 seat...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheers guys n' gals.. think I'm gonna go for under the passenger seat tbh... gonna make it easier when amping the rest of my components... until I finally finish the build

·
Registered
57 Posts
I put mine in the boot with sticky sided velcro- silly idea that works it doesnt move around and can take it out if you need to. \:D/ No holes. \:D/

·
LU HG
3,487 Posts
James B said:
I put mine in the boot with sticky sided velcro- silly idea that works it doesnt move around and can take it out if you need to. \:D/ No holes. \:D/
This is what i have got with almost eveything! My Amp is velcroed down, my bass tube is held down with velcro straps going through the boot carpet, my tv screen stand is velcro-ed to the centre console in front of the gear knob, and then my ps2, power converter and 3 way cig lighter sockets are all velcro-ed under the seats. Velcro is officially the best invention ever!!!! Oh my battery cover is also velcro-ed down!

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Ive made a false floor with a trap door in it to remove the spare.the amps are mounted on the sides.this allowing the amps not to be scratched etc...and the box screwed down to the floor.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts