MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to halfords today to get some trophey yellow paint (FAR) but they said they dont stock it and can't make it up :( Does anyone know where i could get a spray tin of this??
Any help is greatful cheers

·
Suck Me Beautiful
11,251 Posts
I went to halfords today to get some trophey yellow paint (FAR) but they said they dont stock it and can't make it up :( Does anyone know where i could get a spray tin of this??
Any help is greatful cheers
go to a decent halfruds store that know how to use a computer and they make it up :)

G

·
alice got her bumper painted in yellow with the paint code FAR but it was a different yellow, just had a look on that lnk AndyBuck sent and theres another yellow with the paint code FAH which is primrose yellow... it ays on the passenger door pillar that thes wrong, how come, seems a bit stupid to put the wrong code on the car , you gt to be stupid as anything to put a different code on a yellow car,... that does stand out from a few others
i deffo will be buyin from this guy, FAH is the colour im gonna get,

gona spray some new skirts :D :D and the rear splitter :D
cheers for the link AndyBuck :D

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
go to a decent halfruds store that know how to use a computer and they make it up :)
I know i was shocked when i asked if they could make it up and they said no

Cheers i think ill buy that one :thumbsup:
alice got her bumper painted in yellow with the paint code FAR but it was a different yellow, just had a look on that lnk AndyBuck sent and theres another yellow with the paint code FAH which is primrose yellow... it ays on the passenger door pillar that thes wrong, how come, seems a bit stupid to put the wrong code on the car , you gt to be stupid as anything to put a different code on a yellow car,... that does stand out from a few others
i deffo will be buyin from this guy, FAH is the colour im gonna get,

gona spray some new skirts :D :D and the rear splitter :D
cheers for the link AndyBuck :D
What does the primrose yellow look like??

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
EXCELENT ADVICE KEEP AWAY FROM HALFORDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY DONT MATCH AND NEVER WILL

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just bought the one from the link.so should arrive not long after my new grill gets here and i can get my car back to looking normal :)

G

·
What does the primrose yellow look like??
well the bumper got painted with code FAR and once on the car, it was totally different to the bonnet an wings, .FAH (Primrose yellow) is said to be a "Water based yellow" as the Trophy Yellow (FAR) is more of a thicker/deeper - as i call " it looks like poster paint and the primrose yellow looks more like a water paint colour yellow, thats the only way i can describe it
might be able to see it in this picture

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well the bumper got painted with code FAR and once on the car, it was totally different to the bonnet an wings, .FAH (Primrose yellow) is said to be a "Water based yellow" as the Trophy Yellow (FAR) is more of a thicker/deeper - as i call " it looks like poster paint and the primrose yellow looks more like a water paint colour yellow, thats the only way i can describe it
might be able to see it in this picture

Yeh i see what you mean

G

·
best thing to do is hope u got the paint right or take ur petrol cover to a bodyshop an ask if they can match up the colour, had to do that on Alice's car as the bodyshop got it wrong and didnt believe me when on the fone, they took te petrol cover and matched it up, said i was right and the took the bumper this morning @ 11am and was painted today and sorted in the oven, gettin it back 2morrow fingers crossed, i might get both paint codes from that ebay link and try it out, need to spray new side skirts :D
hope u get urs sorted soon . :D :D

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
best thing to do is hope u got the paint right or take ur petrol cover to a bodyshop an ask if they can match up the colour, had to do that on Alice's car as the bodyshop got it wrong and didnt believe me when on the fone, they took te petrol cover and matched it up, said i was right and the took the bumper this morning @ 11am and was painted today and sorted in the oven, gettin it back 2morrow fingers crossed, i might get both paint codes from that ebay link and try it out, need to spray new side skirts :D
hope u get urs sorted soon . :D :D
Glad your getting it sorted man, Ill hopefully have mine sorted by next week :)

·
Suck Me Beautiful
11,251 Posts
THEY DONT MATCH AND NEVER WILL
course they wont... and where ever you go, it wont match. Park 2 TY zed's next to each other and they'll be different colours!

The code for TY is FAR - but thats just gives the "recipe" to make the colour up. but their are soooo many different factors that will change the shade of the colour.

Even the sun with fad the colour of the car! Why to you think when you have any work done on the car they spray more of the car then needed to blend the colour in

1 - 14 of 14 Posts