MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im picking up my ZR on sat and it still has the stock HU Keny tape (deep joy)

Any how i have a new Keny CD D-Mask unit and 10disc changer to stick in it, Im just after sum ideas of where to fit the changer as im sure many of u have already messed about with th ebest locations to mount the unit

Thanks
Neil

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will it fit in the glove box?? is it big enough??

my only concern using the foot well under the glove box would be someone catching the unit and damaging it

Might look into under seat fitment on the drivers side and secure it using velcro

·
2.0 GT T-bar :D
3,305 Posts
if you can be bothered to wire it then the boot would be a good place to. Just a thought tho

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
under the seat
glove box
under the glove box
boot
engine bay
door card
parcel shelf (on display for the chavs:)

bout it really
b

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
running the cables aint a worry for me buddy i used to do it for a living just wondered where everyone else fitted them up on this model as im sure many of u have tried and tested all sorts of location for the changer my normal location for fitting a changer is the glove box or the boot, I have hidden them before in the centre of the spare wheel too

By far one of the best mounting points i done was on a toyota corrola (spel) fitting it in the centre arm rest lol, one of the worst ones i saw was on a trike as the guy mounted it near the engine and wondered why it wasnt working lol

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Snaking pete i agree although i have a single disc HU i always like having the cd changer and using the HU for MP3 cds/ recently burnt cd's

·
2.0 GT T-bar :D
3,305 Posts
Its all about hdd storage now! But it suppose its handy to have a few cd's sitting in there

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i do use my ipod still, although i do like having a selection of 10discs and the single HU slot. The ipod is wicked for my albums prodigy etc

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
My autochanger is and always has been under the passenger seat on all my Zeds,
As said earlier bit of velco on the bottom (the rough half) and it clings to the carpet and never skips

·
Registered
352 Posts
in the boot , if there is no original speakers on each side of boot then under there! i hope you know what i mean :) ... if its not a big changer as well

1 - 20 of 30 Posts