MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have blown a hole in my exhaust and I need to replace it.

Does anyone know the price for the standard 160 type exhaust?

What are the chances of my exhaust blowing the very day my maintenance contract runs out?!?

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do like the X power exhaust. Is it an actual MG Rover part and would I have to declare it as a Mod on my insurance?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just phoned my local dealer for prices and here is what he said.

Std 160 exhaust = £271.09 + Vat
X power Stainless = £195.31 + Vat

Is that right? If it is then I will go with the X power.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers ****, I will keep that in mind. I'll have to decide which I want.

Is the X power exhaust a performance exhaust or just a nicer looking one?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have just had the XPower exhaust fitted on Saturday :mrgreen: I ordered it direct from XPower and they delivered in two days, I paid £230 inc vat and free delivery. The XPower exhaust is a performance exhaust (Plus nicer looking) and you do have to declare it to your ins. company.

Also the New XPower exhausts now have twin pipes like the standard 160 exhaust instead of the big oval pipe

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ZR_MAD said:
I have just had the XPower exhaust fitted on Saturday :mrgreen: I ordered it direct from XPower and they delivered in two days, I paid £230 inc vat and free delivery. The XPower exhaust is a performance exhaust (Plus nicer looking) and you do have to declare it to your ins. company.

Also the New XPower exhausts now have twin pipes like the standard 160 exhaust instead of the big oval pipe
Thats the same price my dealer quoted inc VAT.

Cheers for the info.

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
nac said:

Prices are correct,something to do with that valve thing on the standard 160 box that the x power one doesent have(makes you wonder why they bother).It's down to choice if you want more noise go x power if not stick standard.
I have a standard 160 box fitted to my 105+ just for the looks,got it off here nearley new for £45.00.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Grim Reaper said:
nac said:

Prices are correct,something to do with that valve thing on the standard 160 box that the x power one doesent have(makes you wonder why they bother).It's down to choice if you want more noise go x power if not stick standard.
I have a standard 160 box fitted to my 105+ just for the looks,got it off here nearley new for £45.00.
There seems no advantage to sticking with the standard box. Even with the insurance increase ( which is £27 ) its cheaper to get the stainless box!!!

Odd init?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
160 Babe said:
I paid £250 for my xpower back box fitted
My local dealer wants £230 for the box itself. I can fit it myself but if fitting is just £20 I might get them to do it.

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
nac said:
160 Babe said:
I paid £250 for my xpower back box fitted
My local dealer wants £230 for the box itself. I can fit it myself but if fitting is just £20 I might get them to do it.
Think u will find all dealers might vary in price....But that was inc vat and fitting....

<runs to check recipt>

1 - 18 of 18 Posts