MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Has anyone else noticed recently that getting traction in this weather is a nightmare!? Every time i try and pull of from a junction slowly or quickly, i get crazy amounts of wheel spin and also if i try and boot it in second from a rolling start.

Tyres are all still quite new, only a couple of thousand on them. :blink2:

Car is only 1 year old so could the tracking need looking at? I havent kerbed anything or hit anything hard... just the stupid amounts of speed bumps by me!!!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Don't boot it from the line :wink:, the roads are incredibly slippy at the mo, the company BMW has got the traction control light flashing like a good un at the mo, and it is only a 1.8, having some real fun in that at the mo.

Steve

·
Registered
899 Posts
LoL i done an amazing power slide the other day going round a round-a-bout.

Truth be told i shit myself coz i lost all control! I think ill be crawing round them from now on!

·
Registered
50 Posts
sideways is the new forwards!

i wish i could turn off TC, that would be fun. See its in the bad weather that you wish MG had spend £4.99 and put a tc button on car...it might do fuck all but the peace of mind knowing its there is good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my best one was spinning up to 80 in 3rd whilst not going anywhere trying to get out of a tight junction with a lorry coming up behind me!! If i couldnt go then he wouldnt have been able to stop (60mph road i had to pull onto - he was going clearly more than that!!)

Just had tyres and tracking checked... My front tow was out but they looked quite happy in my shoes :p Seems to be a bit better now!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
julian160 said:
It's the weather mate, cold damp and dirty roads all mixed in one, everyone is in the same boat (or car, he he)
not quite everyone i have eps, Full time traction control and launch control ;)

see the Astra does have some good points,

·
Registered
41 Posts
led_man said:
julian160 said:
It's the weather mate, cold damp and dirty roads all mixed in one, everyone is in the same boat (or car, he he)
not quite everyone i have eps, Full time traction control and launch control ;)

see the Astra does have some good points,
Well you see, ZR site i was talking about ZR :wallb:
:up:

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Launch Control?

Is that for the Anti-Tank Rockets? :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
i thought it was something very technical when i paid £450 for it from Norris Design's, it turns out to be a random box that control's things. mmm

but it does work, i can still set off rather rapidly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts