MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, for a few weeks now my rear passenger side wheel has been making a really loud squealing noise when i go round a sharpish left hand bend. as soon as i straighten up it stops!

it sounds like 2 bits of metal rubbing together to make a loud squealing noise.

i would have thought it would have been the opposite but it only does it going round a left hand bend when the weight is on the drivers side.

please help :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi, im currently having the same problem with my front left wheel and cant be sure whether is the disc and brake rubbing together or a wheel bearing problem, can anyopne help that has experience with this?
or even know what it is?

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
In my experience its one of two things.

A piece of gravel stuck between the the disc back plate/disc/caliper

or more likely the pad wear indicators, mine did it on cornering and on inspection my pads had reached their limit

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have drums but my squeeling is from the front left. would they both not squeel if its break bad wear? I might take a look at the pads then mate! cheers.

·
Formerly Trophynovabasher
3,051 Posts
brake pad wear me tinks

·
Registered
443 Posts
Had the same thing for a couple of days, and already had some pads ordered, when I took the calipers off there was literally none of my EBC Greenstuff left! After I rpelaced the pads the issue stopped, just caught the pads in time before they ruined the discs with horrible score marks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts