MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so i'm going to up-grade ma pc. What do i need to look out for?
All i want it to be able to do is go on the net burn disks without taking ages to do it oh and not crashing all the bloody time too would be good

·
Registered
302 Posts
IMO, your better off staying away from PC world, Far too expensive. Try Dell for example, they are normally alot better (you have to visit their website)

How much are you looking to spend?

·
Registered
40 Posts
PC's from PC world are full of bloatware, unless you want a new monitor, keyboard, mouse and case then look to build your own or buy the bits and get a mate do it if you know anyone in the know. Better spec for the pennies.

If you want a whole new setup then buying sperate won't get you much.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
acer, home built of apple mac tbh

some sites for parts are: (sorry if this is frowned apon)

aria
scan
microdirect
ebuyer

·
Registered
2,671 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I Work in a recording studio at a youth center, Pretty awesome job too be fair, just wish I had more hours/money but meh can't have everything

I generally just sit about making music for myself/ Others, teaching how the equipment works, recording people play/ sing etc.

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
Ok, bri is gonna have a go at me for this, but for the price of a mac you can build a pc that is higher spec and will be able to have additional components added at a later date if you so wish, also if you are wanting a gaming machine as well then mac is a big no no...

They just dont have the support..

Like i say, sit down, see what you want from your PC and then price up the components.

A system that will run games can be built for as little as 450 and that includes the vista licence..

I do this for a living BTW before anyone starts

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Dell are ok for servers and top spec computers (you will pay though!).

Better to DIY, macs are nice but expensive.

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
Dell are ok for servers and top spec computers (you will pay though!).

Better to DIY, macs are nice but expensive.
Not been impressed with Dell of late, you'd of thought that there recent acquisition of Alienware there range would be better, but there still poor and underpowered..

might be somethign to do with the fact they shove **** loads of progrmas on it that you dont need.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Not been impressed with Dell of late, you'd of thought that there recent acquisition of Alienware there range would be better, but there still poor and underpowered..

might be somethign to do with the fact they shove **** loads of progrmas on it that you dont need.

Deffo!

You need to reformat the pc when you get them, or not buy the OS through them, purchased a laptop with vista (off ebay).

Was new, first booted up with 60 apps running!

Was slow for a dual core lol, reformat and it was hot to trot :)

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
go to a small computer repair shop, they normally do good deals and build it themself for u
If you don't feel confident building a PC yourself, this is definitely the way to go. For what you want, small computer shops will make a base unit with decent spec for easily less than £200.

As said by others, it is best to avoid big names because they come with big prices.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.