MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I just joined this forum in the hope of getting some advice :) I don't know much about cars but got this 2004 rover mg zr in 2013. It had only done 43000 miles and was in great condition.
It's been a good car and has had a few things done each year for its mot and I have a full service history since I bought it.
The question I'm thinking about is its due for its mot again at the end of Feb and it's showing its age in terms of appearance. It's got no rust but a few scrapes and the wheels are showing signs of corrosion in some small areas. It's now still only got 63000 on the clock.
So do I sell it while it's still worth something? Or do I get the mot then sell it? I don't have a lot of funds for a new car maybe £1300 plus what I get for the mg. I've seen a few bmw 1 series on eBay for around £2000 for a 2007 with 90000 on the clock but as I say I don't know much about cars.
I'm wondering weather it would be an option to spend £1000 on the mg? I've seen some good kits and a picture of someone's mg done in camouflage and it looks the business.
I spoke to one company but they said a wrap would be better but saw that the wrap may only last a couple of years and then start to peel.
I've attached a couple of pics of my red mg and the camouflage one I saw.
What do you guys think. Will a paint job last and would it be possible? I'm in Norfolk UK thanks for reading and any advice would be great.
My mg does have one fault. It's going through coolant quite a lot. I changed the cap on the expansion tank but it's still using a lot of coolant but I figured I could get that checked when it has its mot :)

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hmmmm I'm not sure I'd be going for a 1 Series with that mileage on it we see quite a few faults with those in the garage, not as much as the VAG tho. But then again you could have problems with the ZR as with any used car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts