MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanna lower my zed but not sure wot to buy or from where to buy from

please some 1 help me out, would prefer coilovers maybe adjustable 1's not really got a budget,

thanks peeps

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Well mines lowered on Avo 35mm springs and even if i do say so myself, it looks the dogs sanglies!!

If your going for coilovers, check out the discounts section as we've got a great discount from leda! :D :D :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
yup lowered 35mm on avo springs!

looks spot on and now ive got used to the stiffer ride its great!

spax also do 35mm spprings as do x-power and i believe eibach are in the process??????

the choice is yours M8!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
X Power springs are rebranded Eibach springs. :wink:, you just pay more for the green colouring.

Steve

·
Registered
82 Posts
X Power springs

You shouldn't pay more for the colour on XPower springs, the Eibachs for 25s etc are £160ish same as the Xpower. Buy Xpower you get a genuine MG R accessory so no mucking with your warranty. Paid £158 for mine inc VAT if I remember rightly

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
The X Power ones are still £15 more than we sell the Eibach ones, and as you can only get the XPower ones from MG Rover, you won't get a discount, but if you search around you will get Eibach cheaper then £160.

Steve

·
570 Posts
I believe the XPower ones don't really lower it much - sp if it's aesthetics you're after I'd go for Avo for the visual appeal (handling's not too bad either ;) )

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Ive got the x power ones on mine and I they look good....not as low as others but ive got a 40 tyre on so the tyre to arch gap is biger anyway.the handeling is better and its also a smother ride (not to bumpy) and also keep your warranty ......

·
"two infinitys, and beyond"
582 Posts
Im thinkin of gettin the xpower ones. You say these can only be got thru the dealership? and that they dont actually lower the car that much?
i thought 35mm lower was the same for all springs... 35mm?

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
No, xpower are 20-25mm!!

and my dealer have been fine with my warrenty, and i've got avos and they weren't fitted at their garage!! it seems to be different depending on each individual dealer!!

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Steve B said:
The X Power ones are still £15 more than we sell the Eibach ones, and as you can only get the XPower ones from MG Rover, you won't get a discount, but if you search around you will get Eibach cheaper then £160.

Steve
yea but then its not a mg-rover part.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I've bought the AVO's straight from AVO themself but its still the same price as banshee, Im getting them fitted from my mate in the morning all at a cost of a couple of beers :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts