MG ZR Forums banner

What sort of bhp?

688 views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  Superspy 
#1 ·
HI guys just been spending a bit of money on the 25 this month, ive just bought the 1.6 conversion (pistons and liners) a Janspeed Tubular 4-2-1 Manifold(heat wrapped), Janspeed Decat Pipe, Powerflow Silencer Box, janspeed backbox,:happy: uprated head gasket, 52mm throttle body, fully enclosed induction kit what sort of bhp should i have on average? :evo: thanks guys

#10 ·
I had a tussle with a 106 GTi a few months ago and was very surprised with it :yes:
Mine pulled away from it, but it wasnt that much slower than me :no:

I later met the driver at a petrol station after he recognised my car and got chatting to him. It had been modded to 145bhp with a remap etc.
They are extremely light and i reckon another 20bhp or so more and he'd be keeping pace with me, certainly upto 60-70mph :cry:

#13 ·
yeah tehre is one that goes about my area, its about the same sort of power, full rollcage etc, he cut me up a beauty in the punto, so when i seen him on the road with the zed had a play with him, he was keeping up untill it was boosting but was very impressed with it, i think that was the hardest ive driven the zed and the wee bugger kept catching me in the corners.

#6 ·
not on your life mate, the 106gti will do 60 in about between 7.4 and 7.8 i believe depending on which engine is in it. even the zr 120 doesnt come close. in fact, my mate has a 106 gti but his is the 135 bhp late-spec vts engine. my 120 with nitrous was pretty much dead level with his from 0 to 60, roughly 7 seconds flat.

#14 ·
yeah, through corners they are insane. when i was insured on the coupe for a week or so chasing him i had to be really careful, as i was gaining on him on the straights, but he can could carry so much more speed through corners than me, so obviously i had to break a lot more.

#20 ·
not on your life mate, the 106gti will do 60 in about between 7.4 and 7.8 i believe depending on which engine is in it. even the zr 120 doesnt come close. in fact, my mate has a 106 gti but his is the 135 bhp late-spec vts engine.

there never ever was a 135bhp 106gti/saxo vts, 120's all im afraid.

#22 ·
When some noob came on claiming to have a factory standard 130bhp saxo, i sent citroen an email asking if one was ever made.

i have got a reply from them now. I think this should be stickied!
Thank you for your e-mail dated 7 April 2008.

I can confirm that Citroën have not released a Citroën Saxo with your required build specification. Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us on 0844 463 3500.

In closing, I would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Yours sincerely
CITROËN UK LIMITED
It's like the whole 'my saxo vtr has a silver top engine, i have 98bhp'... oh deary me.

(From a Saxo site)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.